Upgrades

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Robotica

Upgrades

Post by Robotica »

I just bought an iPod Touch recently and loaded Rogue Touch 1.4 last evening. My first attempt at playing the game crashed when I was decending the stairs from level one to level two. No biggie since I hadn't invested much time into that character and I was just trying to get a feel for the game anyway. I found this message board and discovered that version 1.5 should soon be coming out (which fixes that bug). So my question is how do you upgrade an application on the Touch when a new version comes out? Do you just go into the App Store and buy it again or are new versions free? Does Rogue Touch automatically check for updates when I plug in the Touch to my computer?

Okay, those may be considered dumb questions by some but give me a break since I only bought the iPod Touch because I found out that Rogue had been developed for the device. I really don't like iTunes and don't know much about it or Apple products for that matter. I use a Zune for listening to music - which I really like. But I figured if someone is visionary enough to port Rogue to a iPod Touch then I should at least check it out.
Linkie

Re: Upgrades

Post by Linkie »

Thats a good question dont know for sure but i think if you update via itunes it should sync onto your ipod touch ^^
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

If you are connected to a wireless network, your App Store icon will show you when you have app updates available. For example, if one application has an update available, there will be a "1" on the top right corner of the icon. If you go into the App Store (through the Ipod) and then select "Updates" you can see which app(s) are ready for updating. Just hit the "Update All" button or select an individual app to update and the Ipod will install the new version for you.

If you are not connected, I believe that Itunes will check for app updates when you sync your Ipod. When you sync your applications it will load the newer version for you.

Dave
Robotica

Post by Robotica »

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not on a wireless network (yet) - just using iTunes to connect to the App Store when my Touch is tethered to my computer. Sounds like all I need to do is sync my applications and it will all happen automagically. Thanks again for the replies.
Last edited by Robotica on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Check for updates of your applications in iTunes, download the update, then sync your Touch to your computer. The update will happen automatically.