Weapon Identification By Throwing

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
preuve

Weapon Identification By Throwing

Post by preuve »

I noticed yesterday that I could identify any type of weapon by throwing it as a monster. If it hit and I killed the monster, the weapon was identified. Is this intentional or a nice way of helping us identify weapons? :)
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Weapon Identification By Throwing

Post by CommanderData »

preuve wrote:I noticed yesterday that I could identify any type of weapon by throwing it as a monster. If it hit and I killed the monster, the weapon was identified. Is this intentional or a nice way of helping us identify weapons? :)
You saw correctly! What we actually did was make a small change to the code so any hit with a weapon allows you to identify what that weapon is. We rationalized it with the idea that you get a feel for its qualities by using it... This was also done to cut down on the need for identify scrolls slightly, as they can be in very short supply at times :D
preuve

Post by preuve »

Excellent (not the part where I found a typo in my post and you quoted it for all posterity)! It's good to know the feature is developer sponsored!
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

preuve wrote:Excellent (not the part where I found a typo in my post and you quoted it for all posterity)! It's good to know the feature is developer sponsored!
Awww, if you want to edit your goof I'll do the same for you in my post ;)

Yes, that is definitely an approved function, just because it's a bit tough to identify everything as it is! :D
preuve

Post by preuve »

Thanks for the offer but this will serve as a lesson for me to check my writing more carefully!