site problem...

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

site problem...

Post by jhawk »

whenever i use the site on m iphone as soon as i login it reloads the page and logs me out, even if i select the auto log, i have tried 4 times posting but keep losing the post through this occurance.

i also could not register from an iphone because the catchptha thing, random letters/numbers would not recognize correct input, after a dozen tries.

if this is me ill take suggestions...otherwise help meeeee

or is it just me....
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: site problem...

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:whenever i use the site on m iphone as soon as i login it reloads the page and logs me out, even if i select the auto log, i have tried 4 times posting but keep losing the post through this occurance.

i also could not register from an iphone because the catchptha thing, random letters/numbers would not recognize correct input, after a dozen tries.

if this is me ill take suggestions...otherwise help meeeee

or is it just me....
That sounds interesting. Sorry about the registration issues.... We actually wanted to make it easy to sign up here, but in the first two weeks I had to ban 4 or 5 spammers (or spam-bots? dunno) that started posting crap here, so we need to make things a bit tough. :D

I just tried to login to the site from my iPhone. I logged in fine- did this in portrait. It reloaded the page and showed me logged in. I then rotated to landscape... it reloaded the page again, this time I was LOGGED OUT :shock:

For some reason Mobile Safari isn't saving the "cookie" that lets our server know who you are. I did find a way to fix it though! Go into your "settings app" on your home screen, scroll down, select Safari, then go to the Accept Cookies option. Yours may be set on "never" or "from visited". Set it to "always" and try it again. This allowed me to stay logged in with my iPhone! :mrgreen:
jhawk

Re: site problem...

Post by jhawk »

btw did the previously mentioned solution and no problems since