Where does the Amulet of Yendor go when you lose it?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
gregban

Where does the Amulet of Yendor go when you lose it?

Post by gregban »

While waiting for 1.3 to show up I'm playing around with the Amulet of Yendor. Can't do much with it except throw it. However when you kill the beastie, usually the stuff thrown is dropped back (ie; I like to throw war hammers). I threw the amulet at a creature (don't remember which one), but when I killed it the Amulet is "gone"?. So where does it go? Does it go back down to level 24? (It will take me a while to travel down the tunnels again.., but at least as a "rogue geek" its easy). An aside question: Can a Nymph steal the Amulet from you?
Zakia

Re: Where does the Amulet of Yendor go when you lose it?

Post by Zakia »

No, you're screwed, it's gone.
Yes, nymphs can steal it, and that should be fixed in V3 or V.31.

Sorry dude!
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

That's right, at the moment we're stuck waiting for 1.3 approval... but we already have the Nymph-stealing-Amulet bug fixed here, waiting as a 1.31 or maybe 1.4 (since we've been able to spend time working on the online leaderboards :D )
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

my rogue god pwns your geek

but yea... my ammy got stoleded >.<

1.3 was going to erase him anyway so not to bad, apple just needs to asap 1.3