Poison and bats. Damn you both!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
tachometer

Poison and bats. Damn you both!

Post by tachometer »

I used to play this waaaaaay back in the day on my Mac Plus (2x 800k floppy drives). That version was called "Rogue" and was very similar to this graphically.

Anyway...

Poison potions and bats are my two greatest evils.

If I have 2 unknown potions in my bag, drink one... Oh hey! Bulging muscles. Sweet! Well I can nearly guarantee that the next unknown potion is poison. I hate using identify scrolls on potions but I swear I have the worst luck with this. Sigh!

And bats...gargh bats! If I die on the first level it's always a freaking bat. They flitter all over the place, dodge every swing. I nuke them every chance I get.
jhawk

Re: Poison and bats. Damn you both!

Post by jhawk »

what's bad luck is drinking the poison first

at least gain str is perm and there are always restores to be found
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

I always have problems with slimes because I shoot from afar... They like multiplying that way, and I have to run from like 6 of those guys...
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

just go in a doorway so take em out one at a time, sometimes it gets bad though, I probably had 1 turn into at least 30, I almost thought I was screwed.

worst mob ever = medusa

vampires are a close second, went down from 145hp to 114hp, after several dozen
restore life potion? Or gain life?
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Just to add to this- You probably all know by now that I personally hate Griffins. Jessica hates slimes but insists on killing every single one, which sometimes results in a room full of them and her death... but she's persistant :D

One of our younger playtesters here had an awful experience. I didn't get to see what happened, but I saw the listing in the Hall of Fame as Rodney, Apprentice, *on floor 24*!! Apparently he got amushed by a couple of Wraiths who drained him repeatedly from Warlord or better rank all the way down to Apprentice, at which point he was easily dispatched! :lol:

Rattlesnakes are becoming a new hatred of mine lately though. Version 1.3 has a special secret character that will be great when dealing with snakes ;)
farnsworthiness

Post by farnsworthiness »

CommanderData wrote:Rattlesnakes are becoming a new hatred of mine lately though. Version 1.3 has a special secret character that will be great when dealing with snakes
Ooo! Ooo! I bet Iknow who it is!
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Obvious hint is obvious?
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

farnsworthiness wrote:
CommanderData wrote:Rattlesnakes are becoming a new hatred of mine lately though. Version 1.3 has a special secret character that will be great when dealing with snakes
Ooo! Ooo! I bet Iknow who it is!
:D
Zakia wrote:Obvious hint is obvious?
Or perhaps not. Maybe I want you to think it's obvious when I really picked something obscure :lol:

I'm starting a new announcement thread shortly about 1.3 status :(