Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
MikeB

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by MikeB »

Mooch wrote: And also scrolls to add like fire or lightning effects would be great. Keep up the great work
Update your app to 1.5 and you'll get the lightning.

"..Shooting it with LIGHTNING!! That's how I solve ALLL my problems!!!" -- Syncro-Vox Palpatine, Robot Chicken Star Wars Special
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Mooch wrote:Hi I want to start off by saying how great a job you did on porting rogue my question is do you think you could possibly put in different avatars? And also scrolls to add like fire or lightning effects would be great. Keep up the great work

Mooch, thanks for the support and kudos! We're looking at Avatar selection closely now, version 1.5 is the first one that allows an alternate avatar at all- but you have to discover and play as one of the secret female characters to see it. Eventually we want to expand that so every secret character has their own avatar, and then provide a nice list to choose from for *any* player would come after that.

Scrolls to impart elemental status (freezing, flaming, shocking) to a weapon will probably be appearing in version 1.6... I just have some extra plans and details for them that need to be worked out.

Good suggestions though, and welcome to the board!

MikeB wrote:
Mooch wrote: And also scrolls to add like fire or lightning effects would be great. Keep up the great work
Update your app to 1.5 and you'll get the lightning.

"..Shooting it with LIGHTNING!! That's how I solve ALLL my problems!!!" -- Syncro-Vox Palpatine, Robot Chicken Star Wars Special

Ha that Robot Chicken Star Wars Special was GREAT STUFF! :D
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

LOL yeah, I'm still waiting for "Empire on Ice" to come to Lexington :P

Data, could we contribute some artwork? I suppose that the code is in Java, and I'm not sure what compression format that uses, but it may be fun to have a little "contribute a sprite" contest, the winner getting to have his/her artwork incorporated into the game... whatdya say?

Today I was waiting for the rest of the team in a business development meeting, and whipped out my iPhone and started to dungeon crawl... when everyone turned up, just hit the black button and put it away. I love how quickly you can save the game for later literally in one second, and just hop back in any time, in a matter of seconds... sooo nice.
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Commander Data,

Thanks for the 1.5 update. It is seriously good. Thanks for taking on board my earlier suggestions about experience for finding concealed items.
This coupled with the additional feature of finding gold (in a crack in the floor) make the ring of searching an absolute must.

I'm getting a good feeling about the current run I am on, Standard Character, a Ring of Slow Digestion, Ring of Searching, +1,+1 two handed Sword, Banded Mail, Level 8 and on fire. Maybe this time I will make it past the ogres and griffins which seem to like the taste of my flesh so much.

See you on top of the leaderboard (hope)

Dave
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

MikeB wrote:LOL yeah, I'm still waiting for "Empire on Ice" to come to Lexington :P

Data, could we contribute some artwork? I suppose that the code is in Java, and I'm not sure what compression format that uses, but it may be fun to have a little "contribute a sprite" contest, the winner getting to have his/her artwork incorporated into the game... whatdya say?

Today I was waiting for the rest of the team in a business development meeting, and whipped out my iPhone and started to dungeon crawl... when everyone turned up, just hit the black button and put it away. I love how quickly you can save the game for later literally in one second, and just hop back in any time, in a matter of seconds... sooo nice.
I agree the old girl may need a bit of a facelift... I just had a PM about it yesterday too... :) Seriously, you guys are the best group of people here! I appreciate the support a lot. Jessica and I are getting overwhelmed with "real-job" work and it's good to know that we may be able to get some help here and there... even as simple as answering new player's questions is a great thing!

A contest is a neat way to get some new Avatars ready. Especially if we need one for every secret character! I have a few others stashed away for version 1.6+ already... But this could be a lot of fun!

We might even want to do a further enhanced graphic set, to complement our much requested ASCII tileset!

To explain briefly: the programming is a mix of plain old C and Apple's Objective C. The graphics are all PNG files, easy to create in any image program... Monsters, Avatars, and Items are all 32x32 with transparency... The Dungeon background pieces are all 40x40 tiles... Just to get you thinking a bit :D
Bigdave wrote:Commander Data,

Thanks for the 1.5 update. It is seriously good. Thanks for taking on board my earlier suggestions about experience for finding concealed items.
This coupled with the additional feature of finding gold (in a crack in the floor) make the ring of searching an absolute must.

I'm getting a good feeling about the current run I am on, Standard Character, a Ring of Slow Digestion, Ring of Searching, +1,+1 two handed Sword, Banded Mail, Level 8 and on fire. Maybe this time I will make it past the ogres and griffins which seem to like the taste of my flesh so much.

See you on top of the leaderboard (hope)

Dave
Dave, yes that ring of searching just became *much* more valuable with the 1.5 update! So many people have had so many good ideas we need to pick and choose for each update. Thanks again for yours! Sounds like a great start to a run... take your time, don't let the Aquators rust your armor too badly! If you see a griffin and have enough food handy sometimes I throw some at them to buy myself time :D

Hope you make the leaderboard (I'm already getting smacked down by some people!), looking forward to starting a competition for us all real soon now!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Hitting home button to exit for me about half the time ends up reverting to when I first enter the floor, so I strongly suggest going up/down a level before exiting, especially after a rather taxing floor.

This sometimes annoyance has a sometimes benefit, I always ID an item in hopes that when I reopen it will not have saved and it saves me an always desperately needed scroll :-)
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

jhawk wrote:Hitting home button to exit for me about half the time ends up reverting to when I first enter the floor, so I strongly suggest going up/down a level before exiting, especially after a rather taxing floor.

This sometimes annoyance has a sometimes benefit, I always ID an item in hopes that when I reopen it will not have saved and it saves me an always desperately needed scroll :-)
Really, that's odd! I have see a couple of cases where that happens in older versions, but I thought CD fixed the main cause of it in 1.5.

Does this seem to happen more if you play straight through (on the first "exit' of the game) or more on times you exit when playing a resumed game? That could be the difference... well that and you like to push the dungeon limits like no one else... mister 100+ floor diver :lol:

Oh- have you rebooted your device recently? That could help too.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I rebooted after the update yesterday, and it's when I'm resuming a game, I get lots of 15-20 minute "hey I'm not doing anything RT time!" so I do exit/resume probably more then the average player but it's happened several time today, at this point I can use it as an advantage but if you clear a level and decide to stop before you descend it could/has been a royal PITB so I figured I would throw the possibility out there that it can happen

P.S. Medusas suck
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

I've been getting the same thing as jhawk. It doesnt happen often, maybe one in 50 times I resume a game(which also like jhawk I do a lot).
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

At the risk of offering up yet another useless feature request, what about a scroll/potion of Gender Change? No stats change, just the avatar. Also, the basic ability to choose your gender at game start might be nice, since we now have a female avatar.

Now, about that Ranma Saotome character, who's avatar changes every time he's hit by an aquator or water trap... :mrgreen: