Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Linkie

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by Linkie »

BigDrahma wrote:At the risk of offering up yet another useless feature request, what about a scroll/potion of Gender Change? No stats change, just the avatar. Also, the basic ability to choose your gender at game start might be nice, since we now have a female avatar.

Now, about that Ranma Saotome character, who's avatar changes every time he's hit by an aquator or water trap... :mrgreen:

no would be more awesome as a trap

"hmm you walked into something but nothing seemed to have cha. . . OMG WHAT IS THAT DOWN THERE "

i would die laughing :P
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

LOL That would be funny as hell :lol:

I know you're supposed to be able to loot your corpse(succeeded once), but I had mine rise up once and kick my ass........is there a new monster in this version: Skeleton???? Or was it because my previous game had a +5+4 longsword of dragon slaying at the time of my death :?

ETA: Had it happen again, dammit............must be doing something wrong. Next run I'll search from a short distance away and NOT walk on the skeleton :oops:
Last edited by NightOwl40 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

BigDrahma wrote: Now, about that Ranma Saotome character, who's avatar changes every time he's hit by an aquator or water trap... :mrgreen:
That would be awesome!

I suggested that since we have female avatars an Alice character who is always under the effect of a potion of hallucination.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

DPCyric wrote:
BigDrahma wrote: Now, about that Ranma Saotome character, who's avatar changes every time he's hit by an aquator or water trap... :mrgreen:
That would be awesome!

I suggested that since we have female avatars an Alice character who is always under the effect of a potion of hallucination.
That would be insanely hard to deal with.........accidently have drank that potion and it is funny(maidens, unicorns, flowers, and grass), but you have no clue what you're fighting or have picked up LOL
Mooch

Post by Mooch »

Hello again and I'd actually like to say that skeleton thing happened to me to Lol
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

NightOwl40 wrote:
DPCyric wrote:
That would be awesome!

That would be insanely hard to deal with.........accidently have drank that potion and it is funny(maidens, unicorns, flowers, and grass), but you have no clue what you're fighting or have picked up LOL
Yeah she would probably need some serious buffing but CommanderData has mentioned he would like characters that would change the way you play and she would change the way you go about things for sure.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Few ideas I came up with.

Cursed identity scroll: Always identifies an item as uncursed.

Weak identity scroll: Sometimes fails to identify, wrongly identifies stats, or identifies the wrong item.

Staff of scrambling: Scrambles the visible statistics of items, or furthermore switching item names or images. The base item should stay the same.

Scroll of sabbitical: A random currently equiped item vanishes, but you find it on the next level already identified.

Cursed wand of magic missle: Shows up as a normal magic missle (You can change the element) wand, but when you zap it it goes in the opposite direction.

Bomb vest: If you try wearing it, it's like drinking a demolition potion. Unidentified and looks like normal armor.

Potion of caffeine (LOL): Causes you to move constantly, without stops until it wears out. If you hit a wall, you turn and keep moving. You can change directions, but that's about it.

Ring of Gluttony: Causes every item to look like a ration.

Staff of arrows: Acts like an bow, but uses charges instead of arrows.

Scroll of disrupt focus: You're hit rate is lowered and you can't read for some time.

Rare items that need to be identified twice: It's a bit to easy to find a rare item and use it, IMHO. You shouldn't instantly be able to reap the reward. It should be harder to identify.

Example: On a rare item level, you find a plank. You identify it and it becomes a magnesium staff, then Zap it and it becomes a wand of Cornucopia.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Lydyra

Post by Lydyra »

I need a potion of caffeine right now. :D

Those are some fun ideas!

My number-one feature request would be to be able to start a new game without quitting the app. I usually play whatever I get, but sometimes I discover I have a cursed ring and I'd really rather just chuck that game and go again. It would be nice to be able to back out to the start screen and begin a new one.
I will never put my sword down
I will never run away
--Manilla Road, "The Veils Of Negative Existence"
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

A Scroll of Gluttony could turn every item in your inventory into a ration of food. Yes, including that Elfin Armor and +5/+5 Ice Sword. 8-)

The cursed Magic Missile wand should zap in a random direction regardless of the one you tell it to... an "opposite direction" curse is too easy to deal with . :mrgreen:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

BigDrahma wrote:A Scroll of Gluttony could turn every item in your inventory into a ration of food. Yes, including that Elfin Armor and +5/+5 Ice Sword. 8-)

The cursed Magic Missile wand should zap in a random direction regardless of the one you tell it to... an "opposite direction" curse is too easy to deal with . :mrgreen:
A scroll of Gluttonly would probably be only a graphical effect. A cursed wand might be annoying since it can bounce and hit you, as well as the annoyance of it not working when needed.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel