Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LordGek

Re: Bug Reports

Post by LordGek »

jhawk wrote:both of these were taken today

I just hit this as well today. Not sure on what lead up to this although exiting and restarting the program seems to solve it at least for a while.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:A few minor things here:

1) When using arrows (might also happen with other ranged weapons) when you hit something there is a really brief red flicker at the top of the screen to the left of the ATT signal bars. Only happens with ranged attack and only when you hit, not when you miss. Its faint and fast so you have to look closely but its there.

2) If you are full HP and you drink a healing potion you go up 1 point. Ok, fine. But if you are full strength and you drink a restore strength potion you don't go up one strength unit. Seems inconsistent.

3) There is a bug with your pack being full. Lets say I pick up the last item so now my pack is full. I then shoot some arrows. I go to pick up the arrows I just shot and it says I can't because I'm full, but I just had them before shooting them.

1) I think this may be a misplaced "blood" animation, like the one you see when attacking in melee. Could be something's causing it to go to 0,0 coordinates, which would be that area of the screen. Hopefully I can track that down easy.

2) Restore Strength was an original rogue potion, and this is it's default behavior. Only to restore you to your base value- the one in parenthesis. Healing giving you +1 at full health is an original feature as well. People wiser than I am made these to balance the original game so I'll leave them alone :D

3) I understand what you're saying here. If the item would stack onto an existing item in your pack (like arrows for example) it should just pick them up. Shouldn't be too hard to fix!

Zakia wrote:
lr100 wrote:
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG
I opened a door today and the hallway stayed dark the whole time I was in it (ver 1.2, iPhone 1st Gen, 2.2 software):
This bug happened to me.

The hall consisted of a northern door, a square in front of the door and a square right.

What's interesting about this bug is if you explore the northern room completely and backtrack trough the buggy hall, you won't see the walls in that room, you'll see floor tiles instead of the walls, and you'll see the inside of the next room

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
*************?***************
.........WW
======+==============
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

% = Those blank floor tiles.
= = Visible wall
W = Invisible walkway.
* = Should look like a wall but looks like floor tiles
? = Should look like a door but is invisible.

Sorry I can't get screenshots =/, how do you guys do that?

Zakia- screenshots can be made by briefly pressing power + home buttons at the same time. You'll hear a little camera click and the screen will flash. The image will end up in your camera app.

For you guys seeing dark hallways still... that's a bummer because I thought I had that one figured out finally :( It's interesting that you could see *inside* the room adjacent though... maybe that will provide a new clue.

jhawk wrote:If you have a full inv and try to pick up a stackable item you already have, you have to drop an item, pick up said item, then pick up dropped item
It should just stack on it's own

I agree, that seems to be the same problem mentioned in #3 above. Hopefully easy to correct!

jhawk wrote:both of these were taken today
(snipped photo of missing inventory names + dark hallway)
LordGek wrote: I just hit this as well today. Not sure on what lead up to this although exiting and restarting the program seems to solve it at least for a while.
Missing inventory names hints at a problem initializing the inventory tableview. It didn't actually crash, and did not persist if you exited and then resumed the game right? That's a tough one! :ugeek: I will try to fit several bugfixes in before submitting another update so we can try again to clear these little nagging problems.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

the missing names seem to reappear if i drag up or down on the screen while still on the inv screen

and have you almost nerfed magic drops...?
i normaly get a decent weapon drop by level 12 i would say 2 out of every 5 guys, ive done about 20 guys with zero goodies, and my magic senses have gone off 4 times each to supercharged useless staff, agrr/haste/teleport to/poly

item to increase magic find chance?
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Whooohooo! I've been using 1.3/1.4 today and have to say that the new hallway running algorithm is freaking awesome! Wow, such an improvement in game play and speed. Thank you!!!

Now if you could just do something about rooms like this! ;-)
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (41.51 KiB) Viewed 8395 times
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I love those rooms, I saw the biggest one I've seen today, I was about to engage but wanted to try my new staff, gg poly dragon >.<

How can you not like all that exp and items?
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Well, as much as I love the auto running in 1.3, I have to say that it looks like we took a step back in terms of bugs. In addition to having it crash on me when descending a level, I just had another descending level issue happen. I got to the stairs and tapped the center to descend. Then I got the dialog asking me to descend or inventory. I clicked on descend, and as it went down immediately another dialog came up asking the same thing again. For the hell of it, I clicked descend again, even though I was already on the new level and there were no stairs. Sure enough it started the descend animation into the floor(!) and put me down another level. I managed to grab a screen shot of the bug:
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (39.51 KiB) Viewed 8393 times
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (28.98 KiB) Viewed 8391 times
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:Well, as much as I love the auto running in 1.3, I have to say that it looks like we took a step back in terms of bugs. In addition to having it crash on me when descending a level, I just had another descending level issue happen. I got to the stairs and tapped the center to descend. Then I got the dialog asking me to descend or inventory. I clicked on descend, and as it went down immediately another dialog came up asking the same thing again. For the hell of it, I clicked descend again, even though I was already on the new level and there were no stairs. Sure enough it started the descend animation into the floor(!) and put me down another level. I managed to grab a screen shot of the bug:

Wow! It sounds like a timer or perform selector on delay issue at work here- It popped up *while* descending, or once you got to the new floor? I got your log on the descend to new level, thanks. Hopefully I can spot what is happening there- the code changes I made ought to make that task a bit easier in 1.4 at least. They were supposed to eliminate it... multi-threaded programming *shakes fist at sky* :evil:
lr100

Post by lr100 »

CommanderData wrote:
lr100 wrote:Well, as much as I love the auto running in 1.3, I have to say that it looks like we took a step back in terms of bugs. In addition to having it crash on me when descending a level, I just had another descending level issue happen. I got to the stairs and tapped the center to descend. Then I got the dialog asking me to descend or inventory. I clicked on descend, and as it went down immediately another dialog came up asking the same thing again. For the hell of it, I clicked descend again, even though I was already on the new level and there were no stairs. Sure enough it started the descend animation into the floor(!) and put me down another level. I managed to grab a screen shot of the bug:

Wow! It sounds like a timer or perform selector on delay issue at work here- It popped up *while* descending, or once you got to the new floor? I got your log on the descend to new level, thanks. Hopefully I can spot what is happening there- the code changes I made ought to make that task a bit easier in 1.4 at least. They were supposed to eliminate it... multi-threaded programming *shakes fist at sky* :evil:
It popped up right away. Almost like it came up twice. Another wierd aspect of this is that the map on the level I descending to the second time shows an area as being discovered even though I had just got there:
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (25.48 KiB) Viewed 8387 times
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Also, I just sent you guys another crash log via email. This time I crashed just running down a hallway. Never had that happen in previous versions in all the time I played so it looks like something got introduced in 1.3.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote: It popped up right away. Almost like it came up twice. Another wierd aspect of this is that the map on the level I descending to the second time shows an area as being discovered even though I had just got there:
That's probably related to the fact that you shouldn't have been able to descend at all :D

The crash log you sent is very interesting. Like I said, I put quite a bit of work into changing the descend routine with hopes of finding and fixing the issue. Your log is showing me something unexpected... looks like the data object containing your character may be getting lost or deallocated!!! I haven't investigated further because I have to go to work, but I'm all over these two issues tonight. We might even issue a 1.41 fix if I can determine what's up!

Thanks again for the details.