Rogue Touch --- AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Betty

Re: Rogue Touch coming soon!

Post by Betty »

Hi, i'm really excited about this and looking forward to purchasing it.

I just have one question (and i hope i don't offend anyone), but will the game be 100% playable on release ? ie, will it have been thoroughly play tested first ?

It's just i've played other versions in the past (granted they have been free) on various machines but usually they have been 'buggy' and as a result you could not complete the game.

Many thanks for your time !
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Betty wrote:Hi, i'm really excited about this and looking forward to purchasing it.

I just have one question (and i hope i don't offend anyone), but will the game be 100% playable on release ? ie, will it have been thoroughly play tested first ?

It's just i've played other versions in the past (granted they have been free) on various machines but usually they have been 'buggy' and as a result you could not complete the game.

Many thanks for your time !
I understand your concern, and yes it is 100% playable. We've logged several hundred hours in testing! As you're no doubt aware, Rogue is a very challenging game. I have actually beaten Rogue Touch, but only by using some of the "secrets" that we planted in the code ;) I've come very close to beating it under normal play conditions, but no matter how tough you think you are, you're usually only one or two moves away from doom! I think you'll be quite pleased with version 1.0.

A future release will add a variable difficultly level selection (in addition to other features not normally seen unless you're playing an advanced Rogue-like), in which you'll be able to make the game easier or (*gasp*) even more difficult.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

No news from Apple on the approval of Rogue Touch yet, fingers crossed for the next day or two!

In other news, we'll be posting the "Rogue Bestiary" page up sometime in the next 24 hours. In there you'll get a peek at the adversaries you will face in the Dungeons of Doom. Some of you will already be familiar with all of these monsters (possibly having met your demise at each of their hands/teeth/appendages at some point in the past)!

The strategy and tips page will go up later after people have a chance to get their feet wet ;)
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Well, Jessica has put up a simple Rogue Bestiary to whet your appetites a bit!

We're still in the dark as far as Apple's approval for sale goes. Communication with developers in other forums has me thinking that sometime between today and Friday will be the magical approval day, but there's no way to know for sure. It could happen in 5 minutes or 5 days. Frustrating for everyone I guess!

Thank you all for your patience. We'll try to get the word out quickly as soon as Apple contacts us :)
Jessica

Re: Rogue Touch --- AVAILABLE NOW!

Post by Jessica »

Guys (and Gals like me!)... the waiting is finally over, we were approved late last night! The main pages have been updated with links to Rogue Touch in the App Store, and you can also get it from the top post that CommanderData edited this morning. Searching for Rogue Touch or Chronosoft on your iPhone or iPod should work too!

If you have specific questions please start a thread and we'll do our best to answer them :D
jindofox

Post by jindofox »

Thanks for a fun little roguelike! I appreciate the updated graphics and streamlined inventory system and have written the first user review on the App Store.
Ihateants

Post by Ihateants »

Yay! I was sat waiting for my train home from work and decided to check the app store just in case. Bingo! £1.79 later and I'm smashing bats in the face with my mace. :) I'm currently a Rogue at floor 8 and an Aquator has just trashed my beautiful +3 plate armour. The bugger!

One tip I can offer for memory management. Instead of rebooting to close down Safari and Mail you can hold down the home button for 8 seconds while running them and it shuts them down properly until the next time you run them freeing up the memory quicker than a reboot.

*Edit* And that comment I made earlier about Nethack. Forget it. If you guys are planning to do Angband I'd much rather have that :)
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

(we don't want it to get too easy, it wouldn't be a roguelike then would it)
I am new to Rogue but played a lot of Nethack. I had forgotten just how easy it was to die in these games!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Rogue Touch --- Version 1.1 --- APPROVED! DOWNLOAD NOW :)

Post by CommanderData »

Rogue Touch Version 1.1 was submitted to Apple in the wee hours of this morning (2/25)after days of hard work, and I think everyone will be quite pleased with the results. :D Not only did we get in all of our planned features and enhancements, but a few last minute suggestions as well!

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Update- Apple Accepted! 8:30PM EST Sunday 3/1/09... Update should be available to download for everyone!! :mrgreen:
****************************************************************************************************************************************

Here are a few sample pictures to whet your appetite, wth more details below:

Look at those doors in the mini map overlay... Oh and what is that in the bottom? Experience Points? And is that an iPod Playing Icon at the top of the screen?

Me trying out as an extra for "The Blob Returns"

Settings for Version 1.1. Now you can play it your way ;)

Version 1.1 Upgrade Full Feature List:
* Door locations shown on mini-map overlay.
* Music On/Off Option- Play your own music-in game! (Also observes the iPhone silent switch to turn off audio)
* Fast-Play Option- double tap in the direction you'd like to keep running in. Your character will go until he reaches an obstacle or passes something interesting (doors, treasure, stairs, a monster that wants to kill him!).
* Quick Shoot/Throw/Zap Option- while wielding a ranged weapon, tap its icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up the direction selector. Less tapping means more killing!
* Numeric Experience Option- Show the current experience and amount required for next level/rank of your character at the bottom of the screen. Use it wisely while monster hunting!
* Vibration Option- turn off vibrations if they are not desired (great if you want to play while sitting in meetings!)
* Remembers your last used character name, no need to type unless you want to try another name.
* 2 new potions: Hallucination: found in a few Rogue variants. Drinking it is probably not wise. The other is a secret one of our own design... You'll either love it or hate it. Maybe both :)
* 2 new weapons: Katana and shurikens!
* 2 new armors: Ninja Suit (shozoku) that provides stealth, but offers little protection, and Elfin chain mail, which is stronger than basic chain mail and cannot rust!
* Small tweaks for saved game handling.
* Better Chance of "super" weapons and equipment (powerful damage bonuses or special abilities). When descending to a level that has a super item you'll "sense powerful magic on this floor" :)

We're hoping it will be available at the end of this week if Apple hurries the approval process along. Please ask if you have further questions or comments on the features in this great update!!! Once this one is in your hands we'll be starting a poll or two for new features in version 1.2... Not that we need any more ideas, but we want to hear YOURS :D

*** If you've come from TouchArcade.com, yes this is the same annoucement :P but the news is important and must be spread ***
Detzlink

Post by Detzlink »

Wohoo :D