Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LordGek

Re: Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by LordGek »

Now all Top 20 are Athena (bye bye Ripley)

Same crew as last update but a lot of changes in positioning.

Here's the latest rankings as of 04/25/09 at 8:44 AM PST.

1) Nighthawk winning as Atehna in 9453 turns!
2) Scotopia winning as Athena in 9972 turns!
3) Nohbdy winning as Athena in 10048 turns!
4) Twalabout winning as Athena in 10561 turns!
5) Jhawk winning as Athena in 10575 turns!
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

LordGek wrote:Now all Top 20 are Athena (bye bye Ripley)
I'm working on that, but Ripley's being.......... uncooperative.
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

So there is a whole series of images I took to get into this situation, but I had just picked up the amulet and had a Dragon and Medusa on me in in the lower left corner of the floor. The Medusa confused me right off and with a Dragon there too, I figured I needed to use my 1 teleport scroll and hope for the exit. Well I got the exit alright, just that dragon is sitting on it. I actually landed there with only 32 hps also. Eventually I tried to kill the Dragon and pray that those Medusa would wait one tick to let me get on the stairs (but I think that would not have happened). Regardless, the Dragon on the stairs ate me up, yum. FYI, I was at just barely over 4k moves at death.
Attachments
surrounded7.jpg
surrounded7.jpg (42.98 KiB) Viewed 15327 times
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Talk about horrible luck....the 11k Athena run I just did was plagued coming back up, I had to do level 25 3 times and level 19 2 times due to trap floors, not to mention maze hell coming up the whole way....blah.
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

kennfusion wrote:So there is a whole series of images I took to get into this situation, but I had just picked up the amulet and had a Dragon and Medusa on me in in the lower left corner of the floor. The Medusa confused me right off and with a Dragon there too, I figured I needed to use my 1 teleport scroll and hope for the exit. Well I got the exit alright, just that dragon is sitting on it. I actually landed there with only 32 hps also. Eventually I tried to kill the Dragon and pray that those Medusa would wait one tick to let me get on the stairs (but I think that would not have happened). Regardless, the Dragon on the stairs ate me up, yum. FYI, I was at just barely over 4k moves at death.
would be hilarious if that scroll in the picture was of scare monster :P
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

if rippley had item and not just monster detection it would help immensly in giving athena a run for her money, or if one of the chicks was similar, if red sonja had potion identify

this was a great first competition, i hope the next one of this sort has a few more options to try and win and not just one dominate character

i tried a few more runs last night but just got burned out on trying to hit that lucky roll to top my last one
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Wow, you guys are really showboating here at the last minute! Scotopia at 7998, I mean seriously, that's pretty darn crazy stuff there. Nighthawk with no less than THREE sub-10,000 runs, the best one an admirable runner up at 8630... still better than I would have fared.

I need to put some thought into the next contest as Jhawk says- if there's going to be multiple character choices, I need to make sure one of them isn't FAR more powerful than the others. We may limit the next one to a single character. I'll let you know as soon as I can... :D

We're into the final day. Good luck to anyone hoping to squeeze into the top 5! Remember that only the best score per person will actually qualify, so right now that goes all the way up to incude Jhawk in slot #8!
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

CD - you can actually run this one over just like this again. Just make one difference....only 4 winners....one for each of the 4 characters. Top Athena, to Ripley, etc. each win. Gives some good strategy on which character to focus on each time based on which characters have the best opportunity at the time.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

kennfusion, that's a really neat idea! Obviously everyone would jump on Athena, but I could make a pretty cool listing with the top 5 for each of the 4 characters all on one board. That would let people see where they stand easily.

Maybe we'll try that one, but give you guys from Monday through Friday (or maybe Thursday, I'd like to get an update out this coming week too if possible :mrgreen: )...
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

OK, looks like we've got all the winners here for the CommanderData's Angels Challenge:

1) Scotopia - Playing Athena - 7998 moves to retrieve the Amulet!!!
2) Nighthawk - Playing Athena - 8630 moves to retrieve the Amulet
3) nohbdy - Playing Athena - 10048 moves to retrieve the Amulet
4) twalkabout - Playing Athena - 10561 moves to retrieve the Amulet
5) jhawk - Playing Athena - 10575 moves to retrieve the Amulet

All of you guys did great, I'd been fairly certain that it would be tough to break the 10,000 move barrier, but was proved wrong more than once! Athena dominated the boards because of her starting equipment and ability to identify scrolls gave her an advantage over the others. Hey, she is a goddess, right?

So anyway, the top five are ChronoSoft forum members, probably should have expected as much :D Since I have your UDIDs and know who you are you can simply PM me to discuss your secret character ideas. If you can, try to model your character and ability ideas in a similar way that I've done for previous ones- if they are from a movie, book, or comic, try to pick equipment and abilities that might match the character. Riddick wouldn't have a two handed sword and plate mail for example- not his style! :ugeek:

I'll iron them all out with you and then get all of them included in the version 1.6 update. :mrgreen: