Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
DPCyric

An alternative to shops

Post by DPCyric »

I feel that shops in a dungeon seem a little out of place and I have an idea that I feel is more fitting to the content. Instead of shops you could run into other adventurers during your trip down the dungeon, they would be of different classes and each class would carry specific items and some you would encounter more frequently on higher floors and some more frequently on lower floors. Here is some examples:

Ranger- Early levels- Bows, ammuntion and daggers.
Wizard- Early levels- Scrolls, staves & wands and certain rings.
Cleric- Early levels- Potions and maces.
Dwarves- Lower levels- Armor and Axes.
Ninja- Anywhere but rarely appears (maybe require Ring of See Invisible to find)- Katana, Shurikens and Shozuko.

Also there guys will be susceptible to monster attacks and could be killed before you reach them, monsters should prioritize attacking NPC's or you could give NPC's random levels and monsters will prioritize attacking the weakest target. Also with this addition Gold should become a very major point of the post game score so the person who uses the least amount of stuff and sells everything they don't use will score MUCH higher then someone who spends all their gold.

As for adding sounds I feel sounds should not be added for hero actions but more monster sounds would be fitting (for psychological effect).
jhawk

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by jhawk »

I just died in one turn, please make your game save worst game ever
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Considering some of us have never seen the amulet (i know i am not alone ;) ), how about a game count that tells you how many attempts have been made - this also lets us know who are the hardcore players who refuse to give up!
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

jhawk wrote:I just died in one turn, please make your game save worst game ever
That's just Rogue. If you get dropped in next to a hobgoblin from the get-go, chances are good you won't even get to make a single move before you buy it. And again, sometimes you are guaranteed to fail no matter what you do because, plain and simple, there's not enough food around to keep you alive.

But believe me, I can relate. There's been times where I wanna sling the ol' iPhone against the wall, hard. (FINALLY got that Elven Armor, Ring of Sustain Strength, more food than James Gandolfini's fridge, and then I fall into a pit and am surrounded by ogres, and after several bashes, I'm dead so fast that Wally West would wonder what the hell just happened...) But not being able to save your progress, in the long run, adds to the appeal of the game and the giddy thrill of being "on a roll."

If we could save the game, I probably would beat the game in an hour or so, and probably wouldn't play it again. I think the blatant unfair scenarioes and the lack of save keep the excitement in the game.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I actually want it to save my one turn death, an actually in game save function would ruin this game.

I'd rock my epic fail on the leaderboards
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:I actually want it to save my one turn death, an actually in game save function would ruin this game.

I'd rock my epic fail on the leaderboards

Trying to get the best and the worst of the leaderboards huh? That's great :lol:

Right now, the game will only transmit a score if it ranks on your local top 10 hall of fame. Which means if you've played some decent games it'll be full of those, and there will be no room to show how you failed it in 1 move! Quickie solution would be to delete and re-install the game to wipe your hall of fame... I know a couple of people have asked if there was a way to clear your HOF. I was thinking maybe a cool Etch-a-Sketch type gesture like shaking the iPhone up and down while viewing the hall of fame. It would use the accelerometer to detect that and popup a box asking if you want to clear the scores ;)

I just got back in from the day job, I'll try to come back and spruce this place up with some more answers and love once I get through my backlog of e-mail and PMs! :D
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

Dont know if this qualifies as a feature request, but here goes. I have run into a few levels where a door is blocked by a pit trap, with no other way into the room it probably leads to. Not much more than a minor nuisance so far, but I swear to god if I miss a magical item because of that I will throw my itouch into the next county. Now if this is deemed to be the nature of things I will deal with it, but I just didnt know if there would be a way to make every room or item or whatever reachable. If not, could there maybe be a message that comes up when you realize that you cannot reach a magic item that simply says "BOHICA", or Bend Over, Here It Comes Again? That would totally make it worth it and at least give military people chuckle. Or maybe just me.
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

elswitzer wrote:Dont know if this qualifies as a feature request, but here goes. I have run into a few levels where a door is blocked by a pit trap, with no other way into the room it probably leads to. Not much more than a minor nuisance so far, but I swear to god if I miss a magical item because of that I will throw my itouch into the next county. Now if this is deemed to be the nature of things I will deal with it, but I just didnt know if there would be a way to make every room or item or whatever reachable. If not, could there maybe be a message that comes up when you realize that you cannot reach a magic item that simply says "BOHICA", or Bend Over, Here It Comes Again? That would totally make it worth it and at least give military people chuckle. Or maybe just me.
Eventually this game will need either a wand of digging or some sort of limited use pick-axe so folk can get around annoyances like this, or some nasty Monster House.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

LordGek wrote:
elswitzer wrote:Dont know if this qualifies as a feature request, but here goes. I have run into a few levels where a door is blocked by a pit trap, with no other way into the room it probably leads to. Not much more than a minor nuisance so far, but I swear to god if I miss a magical item because of that I will throw my itouch into the next county. Now if this is deemed to be the nature of things I will deal with it, but I just didnt know if there would be a way to make every room or item or whatever reachable. If not, could there maybe be a message that comes up when you realize that you cannot reach a magic item that simply says "BOHICA", or Bend Over, Here It Comes Again? That would totally make it worth it and at least give military people chuckle. Or maybe just me.
Eventually this game will need either a wand of digging or some sort of limited use pick-axe so folk can get around annoyances like this, or some nasty Monster House.
Or perhaps the Scroll of Safe Passage :) in 1.5...
Mooch

Post by Mooch »

Hi I want to start off by saying how great a job you did on porting rogue my question is do you think you could possibly put in different avatars? And also scrolls to add like fire or lightning effects would be great. Keep up the great work