Rogue Touch --- AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LordGek

Re: Version 1.5 --- Submitted to Apple

Post by LordGek »

CommanderData wrote: * D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque!
Oh yeah? So says you! After some real expensive cosmetic surgery I'll prove you wrong.
preuve

Post by preuve »

I was thinking about what you said about the competition and thought of a great idea!

It would have to be an enhancement for a later release though as it would need coding... For a monthly competition, a file is downloaded from your server. The file contains the parameters of the competition, which could be much more restrictive than normal games. You could do interesting things such as:

Monster difficulty multiplier.
Special precreated character/equipment/character abilities just for the competition.
# of turns limit.
Warning when getting close to the end date of the competition.

The competition might not even need be a competition. It could be a limited scenerio that you can play for the month.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

kennfusion wrote:I sure as heck hope that the change list will be listed on iTunes like it is above, especially: D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque! :lol:

I am actually really excited about some of these notes, and don't think this is such a minor update. The inventory changes are very much appreciated. The auto-run changes around monsters are quite significant I think, especially the auto attack one.
And some of the new features sound like fun!
Good to see the humor was not lost to our group here! I'll probably leave that in for the actual iTunes update list as long as Apple doesn't give me a hard time about it! Surprisingly they have been known to lack the centers in the brain known for enjoying a good laugh... I recall reading about a developer of a productivity app that had an interesting feature list for his update, with the last feature being "50% More Dragons". Apple didn't find it funny and rejected his update because they could not locate said "Dragons"... :D At least if I put a line like that in my update, it'll be serious! :twisted:

preuve wrote:
CommanderData wrote: * 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven't found most of the last batch yet ;) A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
You know everyone will be trying out "Britney" once the update hits! :lol: *ducks*

It's amazing how much time and energy into making Rogue Touch better and better.

You probably better duck! Based on the names I see coming through the hall of fame server I think there's a fair number of women out there who enjoy RT... Several are posters right here in this forum too! Disclaimer: No pop stars were harmed in the making of Rogue Touch :D

lr100 wrote:Congratulations! I know that those few random crasher bugs were incredibly hard to track down and squash. Great job! The list of improvements in this version is amazing. If everything works as expected this is going to be the best version by far. Great job!

Ed
Really thankful for your efforts in sharing crash log data. Some of our discussions have finally paid off for everyone in the new update... I sent you an e-mail with all the programmer talk about what we finally discovered here. The solution to several of the bugs was laughably simple when it was found. Too bad it took 6 weeks, lots of hair pulling, and massive amounts of recreational drinking to finally locate it! :roll:

--

Zakia, I've snipped your section to prevent this post getting tl;dr.... but I'm very glad you approve of the changes! And the contest you mention is definitely one that I've considered for a while. My fear is it may be *too* hardcore, and we won't get a big enough turnout for it. Kobayashi Maru is probably the most punishing you can get right now!

At least we have 6 or 7 days to think about it first!

--

NightOwl40 wrote:Cool.....not being able to pick up something I already had was a pain.
I love the idea of female secret characters as I am a woman :mrgreen:

*twiddles thumbs while waiting for update........and plays the game, of course ;) *
Aha! See preuve! Watch out! :)

NightOwl40- I hope you'll appreciate this first round of characters tailored toward you and all of the other female gamers out there. Actually I have a favorite of the new characters already, and can see playing her regularly!

A little tidbit for you- these characters mark the first time we've altered the appearance of your rogue when playing a secret character! It just wouldn't be right to be playing a woman and looking like our default "manly" rogue :lol:

Well this is already over 9000 lines long, so I'll continue in another post in a bit :mrgreen:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Competition

Everyone makes "bob"

"bob" auto dies at step # 80001

(Floor level + character level) x kills + gold = score

This obviously makes returning the ammy a waste which should not be so if your a winner just give that a value of x floor level (ex 50)
It should just be a little better then what level someone can reach with an average 8000 step game
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

preuve wrote:I was thinking about what you said about the competition and thought of a great idea!

It would have to be an enhancement for a later release though as it would need coding... For a monthly competition, a file is downloaded from your server. The file contains the parameters of the competition, which could be much more restrictive than normal games. You could do interesting things such as:

Monster difficulty multiplier.
Special precreated character/equipment/character abilities just for the competition.
# of turns limit.
Warning when getting close to the end date of the competition.

The competition might not even need be a competition. It could be a limited scenerio that you can play for the month.

This is a great plan for down the road a bit, as it would make for some customizable scenarios without having to submit updates to Apple. It would also prevent anyone from getting practice with it in advance (like they could if we hold a Neo or Thor contest right now)! I really like that idea... we will need to explore it further :ugeek:

jhawk wrote:Competition

Everyone makes "bob"

"bob" auto dies at step # 80001

(Floor level + character level) x kills + gold = score

This obviously makes returning the ammy a waste which should not be so if your a winner just give that a value of x floor level (ex 50)
It should just be a little better then what level someone can reach with an average 8000 step game

jhawk- this is a great idea too! Actually would combine well with preuve's idea. Right now we couldn't have a "bob" contest next Wednesday (assuming that the update hits at that point) because we'd need to issue another update with "bob" programmed in. So it would have to wait for 1.6 at least.

I find the idea of a limited lifespan *very* interesting. It's like your infected with some disease, poison, cancer, whatever and you only have 8000 (or some number) of moves left to live. It's up to you to make the most of it. Do you play recklessly and dive for the bottom since you know you're going to die anyway? Or do you cautiously consider every step you take? Is there maybe a cure at a certain depth (a magic potion), if only you could reach it in time?

Almost worthy of it's own thread for discussion! :D
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

Just made an account to the forums but have been playing RT sine 1.0 or 1.1 and its still on my iphone nad will never leave i just love it ^^

Once again nice changes to the game :D just wanted to say

keep it up CD this is easily the easiest to play and most addictive RPG out there and with the new leaderboard it just go that more addictive :D
preuve

Post by preuve »

CommanderData wrote: This is a great plan for down the road a bit, as it would make for some customizable scenarios without having to submit updates to Apple. It would also prevent anyone from getting practice with it in advance (like they could if we hold a Neo or Thor contest right now)! I really like that idea... we will need to explore it further :ugeek:
I was thinking about this more on the way to work. It sounds like the start of a "Roguelike Construction Kit" type of application... :o Anyone remember The Bard's Tale Construction Set?
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

One could also dictate the seed number for the random number generators, allowing for everyone in the competition to get the same dungeon scenario. I really like the idea of this!
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

aahhh apple comon get it on the update list !!

bunch of slackers there :(
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

In which update does my thumb become more transparent :?
jhawk wrote:Neo is to easy......I'm sure I'll find another unknown to dominate with :-)
Heh, I had a brutally difficult game with Neo that I somehow managed to survive (had a strength of 10 for most of it)... the problem with Neo is the haste, it kinda takes the fun out of combat it seems :|