this game has so much potential!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
epb613

this game has so much potential!

Post by epb613 »

RT already is fantastic! Diablo 1 was my favorite PC game (as well as dungeon crawlers back on my old xt) and this is just like it. But, maybe take a couple pages from diablo. ie: make a town above the dungeon and allow the player to ascend back up the flights of stairs all the way to the town. (Another way to ascend may be via a scroll of town portal which would let you transport yourself there and back one time). In the town could be a weapons shop (where you can buy/sell weapons), a magic shop (to buy/sell scrolls, rings, staffs), and a couple other "townsmen" to give you quests. The quests dont have to be any more complicated than "kill a certain boss monster who killed my cousin" or "I left my blacksmith hammer on level 3 in the dungeon, could you get it for me?" And as a reward you would get some fancy weapon or ring. One thing I love about this game is the constant level ups - don't change that! This game has so much potential. True, you don't want to veer to far from the original dungeon crawlers, but at the same time, this could literally become one of the most popular apps in the app store (look how well blizzard did with it's diablo series).

p.s. sorry this should have been in the features thread. didn't see it when i made the post
jhawk

Re: this game has so much potential!

Post by jhawk »

first of all, all blizzard knows how to do is make game of the year games, thats just fact

this game does have a lot of potential, and is getting even better faster

it is still on an iphone/ipod and not a gaming platform so im not sure just exactly how good it can keep getting, but its all been leaps and bounds so far

i have already made suggestions for multiple quests and i think some sort of town or shop is in the works
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: this game has so much potential!

Post by CommanderData »

Thanks for the vote of confidence in us you guys :)

I agree that advanced mode can have a number of neat ideas- Shops are absolutely the #1 requested item and we'll be sure to get them in there first for 2.0... I think some NPCs within the dungeon, one or more Boss characters, and some unique items will definitely make it in there too. There could even be alternate quests to deal with!

Once we start getting into the go-back-to-town and dive again thing, we really need to jump to a whole new game design. Which is also in planning right now. At some point beyond Rogue Touch there will be an ultra-roguelike of our design to take it's place :D

We're hoping to increase our app-store popularity with the things coming up... stay tuned for more ;)