RT in top 50 paid adventure games

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
swhatley

RT in top 50 paid adventure games

Post by swhatley »

CD,

I was just looking at the App Store on my iPhone. It looks like Rogue Touch is #37 under Games -> Adventure -> paid apps. Congratulations!

Enjoy life,
Steven
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: RT in top 50 paid adventure games

Post by CommanderData »

Yep, we were doing OK there, and I think we were #20 in RPGs... until that blasted update knocked us right out of iTunes!!!!

I don't know exactly when we'll reappear in iTunes (you can click one of our links here at our site, but searching for it turns up nothing at the moment), or if we'll have *any* rank at all when we do. Hopefully everyone gets the update all right either way! :D
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

This really should be in the top 50 paid apps period. Easily one of the best games on the app store and the continued high quality support for the title pushes it far ahead of most other titles.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

DPCyric wrote:This really should be in the top 50 paid apps period. Easily one of the best games on the app store and the continued high quality support for the title pushes it far ahead of most other titles.
Well, we were in the top 100 in Japan ever so briefly! But the overall app sales there are lower than the US. We'd love for this to take off big, and I'm sure there are tons of people still out there that would enjoy it... but everybody's of the mind that $2.99 for a game is a lot of money, even if the game took months to make, and may take you months to get bored with :lol:

As long as you guys and girls here enjoy it I guess that's the important thing right? :mrgreen:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

not at all, 2.99 for a good game is beyond worth it, i have several 4.99 games and this one isnt going to be to far off from taking the lead with playing time, and definately replay value

hopefully with that last patch and people who still play rating the game again, the 5 stars accross the board will give it a good push
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

You can't have it all. Some kids should stop expecting a 20$ to buy them 7 games or so =P.

Look at aquaforest. It was well worth the price, and it was priced on it's technology and production needed. Still succeded. Although you may not have the biggest budget app around (top 100 paid) it's a damn fine game, and is well worth the price. You may not have meet your expected sales, but you sure as hell met everyone's expectations for Customer support, high quality, and community activity. That is by far the most important thing, and most people lack that.

If you still want more buys, however, release a Lite version. Ideas:

*Amulet is placed on level 5 and you can not pass level 5.
*No stores
*No secrets (Static name)
*No highscores.
*Advertisement at death/win flaunting extra features.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

Zakia wrote:You can't have it all. Some kids should stop expecting a 20$ to buy them 7 games or so =P.

Look at aquaforest. It was well worth the price, and it was priced on it's technology and production needed. Still succeded. Although you may not have the biggest budget app around (top 100 paid) it's a damn fine game, and is well worth the price. You may not have meet your expected sales, but you sure as hell met everyone's expectations for Customer support, high quality, and community activity. That is by far the most important thing, and most people lack that.

*No stores
*No highscores.
How about a Lite version further down the road (after stores and stuff have been added) that is just version 1.0 completely free. I would say it would be a good move once you get to version 2.0 and it is out for awhile, or have version 1.0 cost 99 cents.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:You can't have it all. Some kids should stop expecting a 20$ to buy them 7 games or so =P.

*No stores
*No highscores.
DPCyric wrote: How about a Lite version further down the road (after stores and stuff have been added) that is just version 1.0 completely free. I would say it would be a good move once you get to version 2.0 and it is out for awhile, or have version 1.0 cost 99 cents.

Not bad ideas at all... I have been thinking about how to get more of the general public to try Rogue Touch. Sales are the usual tactic that most developers try. But I'm not really sure that's the answer. A lite version done right could be the ticket. I have a few ideas that I'm not ready to share yet, they're still brewing... Maybe they'll never finish, but I appreciate these ideas you've given me to help push it along! :D