Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LordGek

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by LordGek »

Mojo wrote: 2. While resting, have a small chance of a random encounter during your nap.
I think this is already in effect just by the nature of the game mechanics where a monster can wander into the room you're in at any point, resting or not.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

LordGek, that makes tons of sense!
Thanks for the heads-up on that.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

As of now in the bottom middle of the screen it shows weapon/armor, I'd like to see a secondary weapon slot that can be switched back and forth for a ranged/melée *or if you have multiple magic weapons* swap, as most games of this sort do, even if your penalized a turn I think it would make sense and simplify the process,t and would make an extra inv spot :-)
Hopefully this could just be done like how rings are dual equipped, and a simple non inventory switch can change current
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I was just thinking about the discussion concerning finding your last character's body and looting it OR fighting monsters over it first. I think it would be even KOOLER (misspelled intentionally) to actually have to fight your last fallen character...he could be a zombie of some sort created by the evil energies deep in the dungeon. :twisted: Of course, if you defeat him, you'd get to loot the body.
Last edited by Mojo on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

no, not at all, and definately not cool

unless you want to fight him

p.s. cd - i've slaked my curiousity about the dungeon depth
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Mojo wrote:I was just thinking about the discussion concerning finding your last character's body and looting it OR fighting monsters over it first. I think it would be even KOOLER (misspelled intentionally) to actually have to fight your last fallen character...he could be a zombie of some sort created by the evil energies deep the dungeon. :twisted: Of course, if you defeat him, you'd get to loot the body.
jhawk wrote:no, not at all, and definately not cool

unless you want to fight him

p.s. cd - i've slaked my curiousity about the dungeon depth
Man, I spit my drink out when I saw that! Once 1.3/1.4 is live there are some modifications you may find interesting down there... I will challenge you to a duel of depth! No special characters can be used! The gauntlet is thrown! :lol:

Mojo, your idea is very good. Very good. So good in fact that I may have to to steal it! We actually were talking about a similar thing here last night... I haven't decided if that will make it into the next version or not, but it's possible. And jhawk, if it does, looks like you might have reason to be afraid! :D
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

If 1.4 isn't out tonight I might have to see about level 200

Just make sure to put sufficient goodies down there :-)

Did you catch my earlier post about a secondary weapon option?

I just saw your post about global boards, can we link our UDID so we don't have to wait until were dead...if you haven't noticed I'm not fond of death or "winning", but I'd still like to dominate the leaderboards, any love in this area?

Also if dex can be modified can the stat be shown, and make increase pots
Str maxs at 31, but mobs keep getting stronger, we need some balancing there

Also, vampires suck *haha*, after killing dozens and dozens of them, even with a +19,+19 blessed katana, it still takes a toll on your max life, some means of restoring, or pots of gain max life would be nice

Staff of chaos - random staff effect
Staff of duplicate monster
Staff of dance - completely useless but plays some obscenely annoying music for x seconds

And did you catch my post on color changed super mobs with magic drops

Scrolls to recharge staff/destroy if miss
firebird

Post by firebird »

I really like the idea of the boss-like monsters, but they should have the effect of the item they drop (ie. They have a reduculous strength level, but drop a strength+10 ring, etc.) it would be nice to be able to see what you are facing in this regard, I wouldn't like getting spiked down by a blue bat when I wasn't ready for it when I could easily run away. Not a necessity, just a nicety (real word?).
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

jhawk wrote:Also, vampires suck *haha*, after killing dozens and dozens of them, even with a +19,+19 blessed katana, it still takes a toll on your max life, some means of restoring, or pots of gain max life would be nice
God I hate Vampires. They have to come back in 28 games just to piss you off.
There are healing and super healing potions. Although not hefty, drinking a restorative at max health increases your cap by 1 =)
jhawk wrote:Staff of chaos - random staff effect
Staff of duplicate monster
Staff of dance - completely useless but plays some obscenely annoying music for x seconds
I think Chaos is actualy to-be-implemented in 1.35
Dupe monster is a neat idea.
Although the integrity might be ripped to shreds being rickrolled by a staff would be EPIC WIN.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I'm aware of that, although I have about a dozen super pots saved, I use my regs to get that +1 hp, but other then that there is only one other way I've found to boost my max health, which is actually rather effective I'm just lazy, and I'm not sure it's intentional 