You sense great magic on this level-Pfft!!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Ranger

You sense great magic on this level-Pfft!!

Post by Ranger »

I just got to a level with that sentence.

I was hoping for a nice weapon or armor... Perhaps a ring.

But guess what I got..

A Staff of Haste Monster (15 charges)!!!!!

Whoop for me!!!

I have gotten this message 3 times.

One was this awesome staff.

One was a ring of +5 dexterity.

One was unidentified but also a staff as I died before I could ID it.

So not all these are helpful items.
Jessica

Re: You sense great magic on this level-Pfft!!

Post by Jessica »

Hee Hee! Ranger's experienced some of the not so great side of super items~ It is true that a few of these items can be not-so-beneficial! Fortunately that doesn't happen too often. As you might have seen in the feature request thread a lot of thought is being put into having even more amazing equipment, but stuff with potential nasty side effects. Just to make you question if they're really worth using :lol:

Don't let it discourage you! Next time it could be a polymorph wand with all those charges. Although that could be a mixed blessing too :D
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

Yes, I got the polymorph wand with major charges.

Found myself attacked by a troll that used to be a centaur. Did not work out very well.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

I got 12 blessed +2 +2 crossbow bolts once.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

Ranger wrote:Yes, I got the polymorph wand with major charges.

Found myself attacked by a troll that used to be a centaur. Did not work out very well.
I had something similar. Tested the wand on a hobgoblin, which turned into a griffin, which turned into a ur-vile. I guess it only had two charges, because then it stopped working. ><
Peace and love,
~B/Z
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Random idea, but, wouldn't a blessed cornucopia staff break the game?

I mean, It's game breaking as is.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:Random idea, but, wouldn't a blessed cornucopia staff break the game?

I mean, It's game breaking as is.
Well, you could end up with a free pass to kill 15-20 monsters and have that many food in exchange, so yeah it could make that run particularly easy! Fortunately that combo of staff plus additional supercharging would be a rare find indeed. If it becomes a huge problem some day I may give the monster a chance to resist the food transformation :twisted: