Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
BTA

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by BTA »

I suggest a "Do you really want to throw this?" for armor, rings, etc. Basically, everything other than ammo/throw stuff, potions, and weapons.

This one is pretty selfish; I have a tendency to throw rings instead of potions by accident, heh. :lol:
heavensblade23

Post by heavensblade23 »

Blunt weapons shouldn't cause slimes to split. (You could probably fit piercing in there too)
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

heavensblade23 wrote:Blunt weapons shouldn't cause slimes to split. (You could probably fit piercing in there too)
We have actually talked about that exact thing here! Spooky...

There are two sides to the argument. One is that the weapon's causing the Slime to split so only large bladed items should make them split. That takes a lot of fun out of it, since so many weapons would be exempt.

My counter argument is that the weapon is not causing it to split- the Slime itself splits out of sheer excitement- like a puppy that's so happy to see you when you come home that it pees all over the floor and your shoes :lol:

There may end up being weapons with special traits though, but not quite that obvious!
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

CommanderData wrote:
heavensblade23 wrote:Blunt weapons shouldn't cause slimes to split. (You could probably fit piercing in there too)
There are two sides to the argument. One is that the weapon's causing the Slime to split so only large bladed items should make them split. That takes a lot of fun out of it, since so many weapons would be exempt.

There may end up being weapons with special traits though, but not quite that obvious!
Might it be that the ultimate weapon against a slime could be +5 /+5 Mop and Bucket of Slime Cleaning :D
BTA

Post by BTA »

CommanderData wrote:
We have actually talked about that exact thing here! Spooky...

My counter argument is that the weapon is not causing it to split- the Slime itself splits out of sheer excitement- like a puppy that's so happy to see you when you come home that it pees all over the floor and your shoes :lol:

I agree with your argument- if missing them with arrows causes them to split, it has nothing to do with the weapon itself. :D
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

what would also be amazing, is asking or having an option for picking items up, instead of on auto
my lastest game i ended up with over 25 food stuffs, and was running low on room, and you cant eat more then one at a time, and you either drop all or none and that was mildly annoying, although better then starvation, but i often end up with items id rather not touch
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:what would also be amazing, is asking or having an option for picking items up, instead of on auto
my lastest game i ended up with over 25 food stuffs, and was running low on room, and you cant eat more then one at a time, and you either drop all or none and that was mildly annoying, although better then starvation, but i often end up with items id rather not touch
We thought about that, a way to step on items without picking them up. Many roguelikes have that, but they also have the luxury of a full keyboard . It would have been very annoying if you got a popup window for every item you stepped on asking "Would you like to pick this up? Yes/No"! :lol:

I don't know if we'll have a way to solve that anytime soon unfortunately. I want to concentrate some of our remaining free time into translations and advanced mode stuff. If anyone has good ideas on how to accomplish that without confusing/cluttering the interface further or nagging everyone to death let us know.

A little tip for you, if you're swimming in that much food feel free to throw it at some enemies! You never know when it may help you out ;)
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:
jhawk wrote:what would also be amazing, is asking or having an option for picking items up, instead of on auto
We thought about that, a way to step on items without picking them up. Many roguelikes have that, but they also have the luxury of a full keyboard . It would have been very annoying if you got a popup window for every item you stepped on asking "Would you like to pick this up? Yes/No"! :lol:

I don't know if we'll have a way to solve that anytime soon unfortunately. I want to concentrate some of our remaining free time into translations and advanced mode stuff. If anyone has good ideas on how to accomplish that without confusing/cluttering the interface further or nagging everyone to death let us know.

A little tip for you, if you're swimming in that much food feel free to throw it at some enemies! You never know when it may help you out ;)
The good thing about the current system is you can't walk over scare monster scrolls without removing them. Scare monster scrolls should always work this way.

I think items should automatically be picked up with full inventory space but if you don't want said item, you should drop it with a triple tap, or a drop button tap.
----
And while we're here on the feature request thread... I'd like to give my small suggestions for stores.
I know I'm crazy, but these point out small flaws in stores.

A) Buy, Equip, Sell: I just finished Mother 3 and it is AMAZINGLY convinient to be prompted to equip new gear and sell old gear after a purchase.
EX:
Buy A DMCM Pamphlet?
Equip it now?
Sell your old <Insert starter item, I forgot =P> for 100 DP?

B) Not exiting after every purchase: Do you have the App Vay? If you've hassled with shops before you'll know how ANNOYING exiting the current window is after each purchase. If you're going to put post-purchase dialogue please don't make it interfere with transactions at all.

C) > or < values: You've probably seen in RPG's a up or down arrow when buying a piece of equipment. Up obviously means it has better stats, ect. When buying armor it should have one arrow for up or down in protection, and when buying weapons it should have 2 different ones: Overall damage and hit chance.

D) Easy flip from buy and sell screens: Start playing a song with your ipod, and go back to the song list. See the now playing arrow at the top right? An arrow just like that to lead you into your opposite window or inventory would be great.
Example:
|<Inventory>...<Sell>|
|
|Buy window.
|
|Text box area
|Text box area
|<Back> <Confirm>

E) Inventory access from stores: Another thing RPG's lack is smooth transition to inventory. You can do this in the sell window, but you might accidentally sell something instead of equip it. Such, they should be seperate screens.

</Cynic>
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

What also might be nice would be über mobs differenciated by a change of color that drop magic items, or at least better chance of item drops, I seem to maybe find one magic weapon every 30-40 levels, and at least half the time I don't even use it

I'm hoping for a much deeper dungeon in 2.0!
and more quests! With rewards *special enchants or magic items for rewards, there's got to be a balrog down there somewhere!*
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:What also might be nice would be über mobs differenciated by a change of color that drop magic items, or at least better chance of item drops, I seem to maybe find one magic weapon every 30-40 levels, and at least half the time I don't even use it

I'm hoping for a much deeper dungeon in 2.0!
and more quests! With rewards *special enchants or magic items for rewards, there's got to be a balrog down there somewhere!*
I think 2.0 will accommodate your deep dungeon desires ;) I'd like to have an additional quest or two for the advanced mode, just to keep things interesting. There could be "boss" monsters with cool item drops too!

Zakia, we'll do our best to make the shop system easy to work with. I think it'll work with scrolling tables similar to what you'd see with our existing inventory screens. We haven't coded it yet, but do have some diagrams on paper here of how it might flow. :mrgreen: