Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Jessica

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Jessica »

Zakia wrote:
Jessica wrote:That diagram is exactly what I thought happened to lr100! The two monsters with projectile "breath" have an issue like that (I'll give you a nickel if you can guess the other one), hopefully we can straighten it out soon. Fortunately it doesn't affect the game, because they are not harmed by their own attacks, but it is a bit annoying that they try :P
Dragon.
Yay, here's your nickel! :lol:

Code: Select all

..;;iiiittttjjttttii;;........                                    
                              ..ttLLGGGGffttjjjjttttttjjjjtt;;....                                  
                          ..iiLLLLjjffffiiiiffttLLjjiiiiiiiiffjjii....                              
                        ;;LLttii;;iiiittttiiiittttffLLGGiiii;;iiLLLL;;..                            
                    ..iiGGii..ii;;iiiittiittiiiiiittffffGGtt;;;;;;ffDDii..                          
                    iiDD;;;;..;;ttttiittiittttiiiittttffDDEE;;,,;;;;ffKKtt..                        
                  iiKKii..,,..iiii;;ii;;iittttttttttjjjjffGGLL::....;;LLWWtt..                      
                ..DDff..;;ii;;ii::,,;;;;iiiittttttjjffttjjLLDDtt..iiii;;KKWWii..                    
                LLLL;;;;ii;;;;;;,,;;;;;;ii;;ttttffffttttttLLGGKK..iiiiiiiiWWDD;;                    
              ;;DD;;;;ii;;;;;;;;,,;;;;iiiiiiiijjffffffttttLLGGWWii..iiiiiiGG##jj..                  
              LLtt::ii;;....ii::;;,,;;;;iiiittttLLLLLLttttttGGKKGG;;;;iiiiii##KK;;                  
            ..LL..iiii;;::::;;;;,,,,;;;;ii;;ttiiDDLLtttt;;iittLL##ii;;iiii;;WW##tt..                
            ii;;;;iiff  ..;;..ii..;;;;;;ii;;iiiiDDLLiiii;;ttLLEE##tt;;;;ii;;DD##GG..                
            tt..iiGG::....ii..;;;;;;;;;;;;;;iiiiDDLLiiiiiiffGGWWKKiiii;;ii..tt##KK;;                
            ff;;GGtt..,,  tt..;;;;,,;;iiii;;iittGGLLttffLLGGKKDDjjLLii;;;;,,ii##WWii                
            GGttii..;;..  ff::;;..;;iiiitt..iiiittGGffLLEEffEE;;;;EEtt;;::..;;WW##tt                
            GGjjii..ii..,,ff..::;;iiiiiitt..;;iiffttttffGGWWKKiiiiLLDD..;;....WW##tt                
            GGff,,..ii..iiii,,..::iiiiii;;..;;jjjjiiiiffGG##DDttiiffKK;;..  ..WW##jj                
            GGff..;;;;..LL..;;;;..;;iiii..;;ttLLiiiiiiffGGKKEE..jjLLKKjj..  ..WW##tt                
            LLff..ii..iiGG..::......;;;;;;;;LL;;iittttttLLKKLLffKKLLKKff..  ;;####ii                
            LLjj..;;  LLii;;..;;......;;;;iitt;;ttLLttiiGGGGGGffDDKKii::..  tt##WW;;                
            jjtt....;;GGttjj  ......;;ii;;iitt;;ttffttttLLDDGGttDDKK;;..    LL##KK..                
            ;;ii;;..LLtt;;;;  ....;;ii....iiGG;;iijjffLLGGKKjjGGKKGG....    KK##LL                  
            ..ffiittttiiii;;  ....;;ii,,;;ttLLttiittjjLLGGttjjGGKKtt      iiWW##ii                  
              ttLLii;;iiii;;  ....,,;;  ..;;ttDDiiiiffffffffGGGGGG..      GG##KK..                  
              ..LLjjii;;;;....::;;,,;;;;..;;ttDDttttjjttffLLLLDDff      ;;WW##tt                    
                iiGGii,,....,,iiiiii,,ii  ::ttEEttffDDttLLttLLKKii      GG##KK..                    
                  LLtt......,,;;;;;;iiiiii;;;;KKffLLKK;;;;tttttt      tt##WWii                      
                  ..ii;;;;..;;iiii;;tt,,jj  iiGGffLLKK....;;....    ;;WW##ff..                      
                    ..;;..::;;iiiiii;;..jj;;..GGttffEE........    iiKK##LL..                        
                      ..,,..;;;;;;;;..;;iitt,,ttttjjLL          iiKK##LL..                          
                        ............  ,,;;;;..;;;;LLii      ..ttKKKKtt..                            
                            ..::........;;......;;;;;;  ..iiDDWWLL,,                                
                              ....;;................iittGGDDff;;                                    
                                    ....;;;;;;;;;;iiiiii::..          

BTA

Post by BTA »

Alright, thanks for all the help.

And yes, that'll be nice too. XD

EDIT: I don't know if this is a bug or not, but is there supposed to be a chance of polymorphing a monster into the same monster? I just morphed a yeti... into a yeti.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

BTA wrote:Alright, thanks for all the help.

And yes, that'll be nice too. XD

EDIT: I don't know if this is a bug or not, but is there supposed to be a chance of polymorphing a monster into the same monster? I just morphed a yeti... into a yeti.
Yep, you can polymorph back into the same monster! There's actually a special case for that in the code... If you zap with an unidentified polymorph wand it normally identifies the wand if the monster changes to another type. If it recreates one of the same type the wand is not "officially" identified. You'll have a good idea of what it is, but you'll have to remember for yourself :D
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

so boredom won and i deleted my uber neo and to not keep waiting for the update

lalala, pick up stuff, swat swat, take that kestrel! yay stairs! lalalalaa...ascend stairs? wait?! what?!!

level 1 winner!

so i deleted app and problem fixed

this might be fixed from ammy bug being fixed, but just fyi
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:so boredom won and i deleted my uber neo and to not keep waiting for the update

lalala, pick up stuff, swat swat, take that kestrel! yay stairs! lalalalaa...ascend stairs? wait?! what?!!

level 1 winner!

so i deleted app and problem fixed

this might be fixed from ammy bug being fixed, but just fyi
Jhawk, I think that one is fixed in 1.3/1.4 thanks! We can't wait until it is released... Maybe if we're lucky it will hit on Monday, and not sometime next Wednesday (a week after re-submitting it)! :roll:
lr100

Post by lr100 »

IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (26.18 KiB) Viewed 10105 times
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (26.59 KiB) Viewed 10106 times
I opened a door today and the hallway stayed dark the whole time I was in it (ver 1.2, iPhone 1st Gen, 2.2 software):
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:I opened a door today and the hallway stayed dark the whole time I was in it (ver 1.2, iPhone 1st Gen, 2.2 software):
We have seen that a couple of times over the past few months here too. I haven't personally seen it occur in 1.3/1.4 yet, so we may have squashed that bug already. It is odd, as you say the corridor is there, you can walk down it, but it never fills in on the display!

Once the update hits, if anyone playing the new version spots this behavior again let us know.
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Two bugs to report:

1) Ice Monster tries to shoot at me though walls:
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (24.78 KiB) Viewed 10094 times
(The ice monster is in the room at the top of the image)

2) Description not long enough:
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (31.54 KiB) Viewed 10094 times
(Notice the word slaying is missing)
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:Two bugs to report:

1) Ice Monster tries to shoot at me though walls:

(The ice monster is in the room at the top of the image)

2) Description not long enough:

(Notice the word slaying is missing)
#1- That's the problem we've seen, as described on the previous pages of this thread! Stupid Ice Monsters! We're trying to get them to stop that :)

#2- We'll see if the text display can be opened up any further on the item close-up view. It's odd, I thought we had enough room for that. My secret weapon had multiple adjectives and fit the space. Maybe dropping the font size one or two points will fix it...

Thanks!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

As previously said about starting to use abreviation to cut down on text choppings, maybe use some characters (, I think we could agree that = shocking) and could even be done with monster names