Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Bigdave

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by Bigdave »

CD,

A few more things coming to mind while playing
a) Ring of levitation - To avoid pit traps and other traps on the floor (Rust traps, sleep traps etc)
b) Scroll, wand or Ring of create traps - Like the ring of teleportation randomly creates loads of traps around the char
c) armour with properties Armour of speed - could be Blessed or cursed, armour of confuse monster, armour of searching
d) Scrolls of Famine - Destroys all your food ? (Pure evil this one)
e) Scroll of Plenty - like the Staff of Cornucopia but creates lots of food around the char
f) Ring of light or Infravision - apart from special chars with infra-vision once you get passed level 8 or so all the rooms are pretty much dark and it can be time consuming (not to mention dangerous) stumbling around in the dark.
g) Traps affecting monsters - getting hit with bear traps etc. - might be tough, but makes the scroll of create traps potentially useful

I wonder why some of these are turning out so evil, perhaps playing this through so many times has started to warp my otherwise sunny outlook on things.
Keep up the great work,

BigDave
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Hopefully I'm not being to redundant

Make multiple item quests for a reward, amulet at 26, maybe a ring at 40,45,52? A nice quest reward for some incredibly hard to find magic weapons/armor, I went from level 4-51 without a single find, and started massively missing everything, and accidentally drank a haste potion with neo which removed the buff and even my +7,+10 blessed warhammer of dragon slaying couldn't help me.

Potions should be like scrolls when identified and just be a ,potion of sleep, not, a vermillion potion of sleep, would help with some of the text chops

Maybe start using some abreviations for items if they are going to be getting pref and suf extensions, as they are extending beyond the screen

Disarm traps! Wall to mud staff/scroll!

I have tried any ranged weapons for lack of ammo, and having only one light square, sometimes two, really seems to make ranged a bad choice.

More ID scrolls, higher drop rate, always at a constant shortage and as amusing as randomly drinking/reading/wearing everything in sight is, a couple more % points would be nice.

I'm sure more items/monsters are in the works, but please start putting up a rough item FAQ so I cab have a clue about damages, and a general character FAQ would be nice, what exactly do I gain from str or dex.

Keep up the good work and I look toward to more updates
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

jhawk wrote:Make multiple item quests for a reward, amulet at 26, maybe a ring at 40,45,52? A nice quest reward for some incredibly hard to find magic weapons/armor, I went from level 4-51 without a single find, and started massively missing everything, and accidentally drank a haste potion with neo which removed the buff and even my +7,+10 blessed warhammer of dragon slaying couldn't help me.
I'm sure the neo glitch is a easy fix, I'll report your post.
jhawk wrote:Potions should be like scrolls when identified and just be a ,potion of sleep, not, a vermillion potion of sleep, would help with some of the text chops
Maybe start using some abreviations for items if they are going to be getting pref and suf extensions, as they are extending beyond the screen

*Seal of approval* =D
jhawk wrote:Disarm traps! Wall to mud staff/scroll!
Use 'Gimili,' a secret charachter. He automaticaly searches, and you can find traps often.
jhawk wrote:I have tried any ranged weapons for lack of ammo, and having only one light square, sometimes two, really seems to make ranged a bad choice.
It helps when you know an enemy is sleeping or can locate enemies on the map. Some secret charachters have "Night vision" and +1 vision.
jhawk wrote:More ID scrolls, higher drop rate, always at a constant shortage and as amusing as randomly drinking/reading/wearing everything in sight is, a couple more % points would be nice.
I'd agree drops need a small tweak, but XP potions are decently balanced.
jhawk wrote:I'm sure more items/monsters are in the works, but please start putting up a rough item FAQ so I cab have a clue about damages, and a general character FAQ would be nice, what exactly do I gain from str or dex.
I'm aware that CD is almost done with it, however I did the item draft that contained al items except new additions in V1.1 & V1.2. I can answer any item effect questions in PM, but I don't know formula's.

Dex: Higher hit rate.
Str: More damage.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Quick FYI about Neo- You're right, if you drink a potion of Haste while playing as Neo it does de-buff you intentionally for the rest of that floor you are on! Actually the same thing will happen if you try to drink 2 potions of Haste back to back in any game played as a "normal" character- basically it speeds you into overload and you faint :lol:

I'll address the rest of the feature requests in a big group post later :D
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I've tried several of the hidden guys, a few I found on my own, but neo by far has to have the best skillset

And I must say the staff that turns monster into food is pretty funny and one hell of a lifesaver

And what is the ring of adornment good for?
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

jhawk wrote:And I must say the staff that turns monster into food is pretty funny and one hell of a lifesaver
I prefer my centaur steaks to be medium-well with just a little pink in the middle.
jhawk wrote:And what is the ring of adornment good for?
In Rogue, nothing that I know of. In Moria or Angband, it may increase or decrease your charisma thus affecting store prices, IIRC.

Enjoy life!
Steven
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

jhawk wrote:I've tried several of the hidden guys, a few I found on my own, but neo by far has to have the best skillset
He's quite fun to play with, although I die for the stupidest reasons =P.
jhawk wrote:And what is the ring of adornment good for?
Definition: A decoration designed to relieve monotonity.

So it's probably one of those hippie mood rings.
Although seriously, it dosn't do anything.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
swhatley

Idea for shop locations

Post by swhatley »

CD,

Instead of replacing a room with a shop, How about putting the shops at a dead end hallway. That would be a nice surprise instead of always hitting a dead end. I'm not saying have all dead ends go into a shop. Only a percentage of them like maybe 5% to 10% of them.

Thanks!
Steven
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

a shop, would once again, be amazing

and I'd like to preorder about 50 ID scrolls, here's a blank check

great timing about the updating submitted to apple, my guy was going to get erased anyway so no worries!

I'd also like to see higher drops the lower the map level, and has anyone gone beyond 51?

P.S.
Damn hippies
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:a shop, would once again, be amazing

and I'd like to preorder about 50 ID scrolls, here's a blank check

great timing about the updating submitted to apple, my guy was going to get erased anyway so no worries!

I'd also like to see higher drops the lower the map level, and has anyone gone beyond 51?

P.S.
Damn hippies
I think that's the deepest anyone has played to my knowledge! I set up a "stress tester" here when trying to make the game fail on going down stairs... My guy made it to level 173 before I turned it off but I shudder to think of how powerful the monsters are at that depth! The only reason I made it that deep is because I didn't have to fight the buggers :D

We're kind of stuck on progress with the game right now, due to Apple's delay in approving 1.3, and finding several bugs we want to issue a fix for... If they haven't approved it by tomorrow I may *gasp* cancel my submission, fix our bugs and get sent to the back of the waiting line...