Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Sinister Stairs

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by Sinister Stairs »

I'm a newbie to Rogue Touch, and here's the features I'd like:

A "Throw" slot as described previously, or the ability to specify a secondary weapon and a command to swap primary/secondary.

Add more basic stats to complement strength: Add dexterity (AC) and intelligence (find traps, increased % to identify items?) Give players a chance to customize their stats at level-up.

Zap self with wands & staves? with some modifications to behavior. (E.g. polymorph might make the character an NPC or kill outright, invisibility could also blind, etc.)

A shop would be nice, as numerous others have mentioned. Guilds would be awesome, but obviously would require more work.

I presume the stairs up only appear if I find the Amulet, but it'd be cool to go back and revisit previous levels / make the dungeon feel more contiguous rather than independent dimensions floating nowhere.

AMATEUR MODE:

An "amateur" mode that disqualifies a character from being leaderboard-eligible, but gives casual players nanny bonuses:

"Weighted" drops: The more unidentified items I have, an increased chance of Identify scrolls to drop. The more strength I've had sapped, the increased chance for Gain Strength to drop. The hungrier I am, the more likely food will drop. The more cursed items I'm saddled with, the more likelihood an uncurse item will drop. Ad infinitum.

If my character dies, I can be restored back to the previous dungeon level or character level.
Waladil

Post by Waladil »

Not really features, but I had some ideas for special characters.
I'm putting their name followed by what they're from in parenthesis.
River Tam (Firefly)
Fast, clairovoyance, natural armor. Starts with no items, but has powerful melée attacks.
Boromir (LotR)
Starts wearing 2 rings of aggravate monster. That would be a challenge game right there.
Arthas (Warcraft III)
Freezing 2H sword
No ranged weapons
Plate Mail

I think they should be included.... Would be fun.
Some other names I'm too lazy to give detailed equipment for:
Jaina (Warcraft III) Female wizard
Rexxar (WC3) Barbarian, battleaxe.
Anybody else from Firefly, naturally
Don Quixote. Hallucination stuff, ftw. And a spear.
AmishJedi

Post by AmishJedi »

Hello all
my request for this great game:
be able to hold Ipod sideways for gameplay,
option to move controll keys for comfortable gameplay,
whatever you kill,the body remains and the player can eat it,
option for a dog (like original game in the late 80's)
more items from monsters would be nice,
a store to buy stuff(and to be able to grab items and teleport out with out paying!)

thanks
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

AmishJedi wrote:Hello all
my request for this great game:
be able to hold Ipod sideways for gameplay,
option to move controll keys for comfortable gameplay,
whatever you kill,the body remains and the player can eat it,
option for a dog (like original game in the late 80's)
more items from monsters would be nice,
a store to buy stuff(and to be able to grab items and teleport out with out paying!)

thanks

Glad you're enjoying it!

It seems you have Rogue (and Rogue Touch) confused with Nethack, which was created much later- in the late 1980s as you note. Rogue never had corpse eating, pets, etc. Rogue Touch "classic" as it exists in the App Store today will probably never get these types of features... however in my super-modified "Rogue Touch EX" project some more liberties will be taken with the source material. Will it seem like a whole new game then? Defintely! That's why I am spinning off a new game project.

The animation, graphics, and controls alone will make RT:EX seem completely new, but I'm not going to stop there! A variety of ideas from these feature request threads will be selected and incorporated. Details will emerge soon :mrgreen:
Waggas

Post by Waggas »

Hey CD, again, awesome version of the game. A few suggestions though;

Battle-ax and war hammer - When going into the inventory, it offers the ability to throw. How often do you really want to throw the weapon you're wielding? I'd suggest getting rid of that, as it makes going into the inventory to throw 6 darts/arrows/whatevers in a row just that extra annoying press.

Repeat last command - Maybe make a doubletap on the player repeat the last command, if it was an aim-able command? or add a repeat button somewhere? so if I last when click for inventory, click on arrows, select throw, then direction.... to repeat just doubletap the player, then pick the direction? Make it only work on aim-able commands like throw/zap so that you don't accidently drink two demolition potions in a row or something like that.

and lastly, maybe the bar that shows up with 'you're getting hungry' could be colored, with 'you're feeling weak' brighter, and "You're feeling weak!" maybe bright red? I find that because my thumb is dancing over the screen a lot, and the messages scroll off quickly, I pass out a fair bit without even realising I was weak, little lone faint! I also like the idea of having "weak/faint" stop the autorun when it happens.

Anyway, really small stuff I know, but hey they'll make the game that little bit more fun!
Mister Fluff

Post by Mister Fluff »

What about scrolls that added characteristics to weapons and armor (fire, lightning, blessed, ice, speed, light, etc.) You could always put restrictions on the number of characteristics that would be allowed, or make a characteristic put a -1 on the weapon or something similar. It would allow you to REALLY customize the equipment you have.
floydiac

Post by floydiac »

Like many of the posts on this topic I too have not seen them all but have some ideas that may have already been listed and if that is the case my apologies.

- I really like the idea of a pre-game selection panel where you could either determine your own characters abilities (str. dext., ...) or, like nethack, have pre-determined abilities based on particular characters (knight, wizard, archer, ...). also possibly have species involved as well (dwarf, gnome, orc, human).

- I also love the idea of being able to add to your character after a death. Almost like a shop where you can accululate gold or property to trade in for gold to be used for abilities to begin your next adventure.

- This might be a little extreme but there already is a teleport feature. How about a trap that sends you either up or down to a different level. Unlike the pit trap though have it be able to send you multiple levels in any direction.

-In an older version of Rogue there used to be a Genocide monster ability. That could be cool as well.

I think this site is awesome and this thread cool as well. Keep it going.