Griffins

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Trogdor

Griffins

Post by Trogdor »

What strategies do you guys use to get past griffins? I've tried paralyzing them and then using ranged attacks to get them (or hitting them from the edge of a maze), but it seems like they heal too fast for this to be effective. So far the only time I've managed to get through them is to polymorph/cornucopia them until I've gotten down a few more floors and levelled a little more. I've won the game once, but ever since then every time I get to levels 17-20 I run into griffins and get myself a spanking. I know they're supposed to be hard, but what are some strategies our deep divers use to get through 'em? Seems like even with badass weapons/armor/items I still get stomped by our winged friends.
Nighthawk

Re: Griffins

Post by Nighthawk »

Avoidance is usually best when you're without in the weapon department, namely freezing or high to-hit/damage modifiers.
If you're already paralyzing them, leave them be (unless you accidentally paralyze them in front of a needed passageway/doorway/stairs).
Additionally, you may find that stealth's the word in the lower levels, accomplished via ring, appropriate armor, or ...... :ugeek:
Monsters are typically sleeping upon entering a room in the lower levels.... keep them that way.
Pugachov

Post by Pugachov »

When I look at my hall of fame, I see that one of my characters who was killed by a griffin that has a star next to it. Is a star griffin different from a regular griffin ? This character is one of the secret characters.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

If I remember correctly, the star is for the secret character being on the hall of fame list ;)