Off topic but better than spam

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
elswitzer

Off topic but better than spam

Post by elswitzer »

I have searched the web to no avail so I thought I would try here. I hate hate hate the way apple has decided to make me organize my apps on my ipod. I feel like an idiot when it takes me 10 minutes to move something from page 6 to page 1, screwing up all the other pages along the way. Anyone know of an easier way than just holding an icon until it gets wiggly and trying to slide it around?
NightOwl40

Re: Off topic but better than spam

Post by NightOwl40 »

I hate it too........ I lost my other iPod last week and have had to buy a new one and re-load everything onto it. When I put all my apps back on, they were placed in alphabetical order.......it's going to take FOREVER to put them back on the pages I had them on before :evil:
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

So im taking it that there is no easier way. It sure would be nice to be able to do it in itunes.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Yeah.....it would be much easier if that was possible :? :roll: It'd be sooooo nice if you could re-arrange them easier *is still cussing at iPod while re-sorting all my apps* :evil:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Frak!!!!!!!! You know how they say the best way to find something lost is to replace it??????? I FINALLY got through to the second place I was at last Friday and my other iPod was found there :oops: Oh well, now I have a back-up in case I lose it again.........or break it :P
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

As far as the organization of the apps, you can always go with a jailbreak and then add the categories application. You can then organize all of your apps into folders. Without categories, I would probably have about 10 pages to flip through. As it is now, I have only two and life is much better.

Dave
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I think I know what you're talking about, but I have no idea how to even go about doing it........and it's probably a subject that shouldn't be discussed in public, anyway ;)
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

DaveS wrote:As far as the organization of the apps, you can always go with a jailbreak and then add the categories application. You can then organize all of your apps into folders. Without categories, I would probably have about 10 pages to flip through. As it is now, I have only two and life is much better.

Dave
THIS.

Or you can try an iNav theme + Springjumps.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel