Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Elysium

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Elysium »

CommanderData wrote:Sounds like we have an issue with the previous character's pack storage. As far as the quantity of item's you'd get- normally if the skeleton does not spawn you would get a single item from that dead character's stash. If the skeleton jumps up and attacks you have the possibility of getting *many* items from your previous corpse, but not all- the game randomly trashes stuff from the pack before storing your dead guy or gal.

From the sounds of it, this pack data is getting munched up in some manner, I will need to do some experiments here and see what I can find. Maybe it's being stored correctly but not parsed correctly when loaded into the new game for discovery.

Thanks for the confirmation that it's repeatable! :twisted:
You're only supposed to run into your *last* corpse right? Because I played a game or two with "My Precious" and died, either with no weapon or some standard weapons I found. I just started another one (ring of kings!) and killed a corpse on level 5 (thank you wand of fire) that gave me a +2+2 blessed two handed sword, a +3+2 blessed spear, gareth's armor, two wands and a potion. There is no way my last corpse had this stuff, and when I was trying to get that stuff by killing gareths on level two and picking up with athenas, I never had all that stuff at the same time.

It's gonna make this run awesome though....
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Sounds more like it's pulling from the dead bodies in the hall of fame.............last corpse I killed had something from a couple of games ago. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing ;)

I wonder why it is, though, that when you start out with an add strength ring that you seem to get only your base strength value and not have +2 on top of your base value........you have 16/16 with the ring on, instead of 18/16, and if you remove the ring you only have 14/16.......
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote:Sounds more like it's pulling from the dead bodies in the hall of fame.............last corpse I killed had something from a couple of games ago. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing ;)

I wonder why it is, though, that when you start out with an add strength ring that you seem to get only your base strength value and not have +2 on top of your base value........you have 16/16 with the ring on, instead of 18/16, and if you remove the ring you only have 14/16.......

That's a bug... It should be adding onto your base strength immediately. That should be fixable in the 1.6 update!

Your analysis sounds like where I've been looking for the pack problem, contents of multiple past runs are getting blended together into one big superpack. Possibly if you don't find the corpse, or don't beat it, or something like that the stuff stacks up on your next death. Not sure yet, but it's a weird problem! :mrgreen:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

CommanderData wrote:
NightOwl40 wrote:Sounds more like it's pulling from the dead bodies in the hall of fame.............last corpse I killed had something from a couple of games ago. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing ;)

That's a bug... It should be adding onto your base strength immediately. That should be fixable in the 1.6 update!

Your analysis sounds like where I've been looking for the pack problem, contents of multiple past runs are getting blended together into one big superpack. Possibly if you don't find the corpse, or don't beat it, or something like that the stuff stacks up on your next death. Not sure yet, but it's a weird problem! :mrgreen:
I though so........seemed wrong to get a starting ring like that but none of it's benefits :P

I'll have to see what happens in my nxet few runs........died down around floor 19 earlier today as guild master Aragorn with a rustproofed set of chainmail(number by the little shield was only 1), +4+3 flaming sword of vampire slaying, a +2+2 freezing crossbow, 2 +0+0 warhammers, 24 daggers, rings of stealth and dexterity, a spartan cuirass and whole load of various potions. Even if I make it down there, I doubt I'll be able to kill that corpse :lol:
swhatley

Traps while hallucinating

Post by swhatley »

My character drunk a potion of hallucination. I noticed that traps show up as, well, normal traps. There was no alternate graphic for traps like there is for the floor, monsters, and items. Seems like there should be a generic cute image for traps when hallucinating.

Thanks,
Steven
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

1. I am currently playing Gimli. In two of the levels, whenever I would approach a specific square, it would boot me out of the game. It would also boot me out most of the time when I used scroll of magic mapping on those levels.
2. Not exactly a bug but...you should not make it that when you have a +10,+X weapon the elemental attack occurs 100%. I currently have a +10,+8 freezing 2-handed sword of Jabberwock slaying and I'm not complaining about my current situation but...the only guys that can hit me are dragons and dragons are usually asleep (thanks to my stealth they stay that way). I would say that capping the percentage at 80% should be sufficient, as it already hits most of the time at that point, but does not occur just enough that the monsters can still actually damage you occasionally.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

nohbdy wrote:1. 2. Not exactly a bug but...you should not make it that when you have a +10,+X weapon the elemental attack occurs 100%. I currently have a +10,+8 freezing 2-handed sword of Jabberwock slaying and I'm not complaining about my current situation but...the only guys that can hit me are dragons and dragons are usually asleep (thanks to my stealth they stay that way). I would say that capping the percentage at 80% should be sufficient, as it already hits most of the time at that point, but does not occur just enough that the monsters can still actually damage you occasionally.
Im sure that has something to with their AC levels increasing as your progress deeper, or possibly additional protection levels , bearing in mind that protection levels decrease the chance to be hit by elemental/magic strikes.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

nohbdy wrote:1. I am currently playing Gimli. In two of the levels, whenever I would approach a specific square, it would boot me out of the game. It would also boot me out most of the time when I used scroll of magic mapping on those levels.
2. Not exactly a bug but...you should not make it that when you have a +10,+X weapon the elemental attack occurs 100%. I currently have a +10,+8 freezing 2-handed sword of Jabberwock slaying and I'm not complaining about my current situation but...the only guys that can hit me are dragons and dragons are usually asleep (thanks to my stealth they stay that way). I would say that capping the percentage at 80% should be sufficient, as it already hits most of the time at that point, but does not occur just enough that the monsters can still actually damage you occasionally.
That's the second report like that I've heard of now. Or at least it was similar- the other one was walking through a certain door would cause it. There must be a very small obscure bug out there, as it does not affect 999 out of 1000 floors played! I have not seen it yet, but will try harder to simulate it. I wonder if the other character had a Ring of Searching, that would make these more related...

I agree that seems kind of cheap- having it work 100% of the time once you make it to +10. Remember of course you still need to hit them! Once you get down to floor 50, 60, or 70 I think you'll find that +10 is quite inadequate to the task of killing :lol:

Maybe I'll cap its effectiveness in some other way just to make things a bit harder! :twisted:
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

CommanderData wrote: I agree that seems kind of cheap- having it work 100% of the time once you make it to +10. Remember of course you still need to hit them! Once you get down to floor 50, 60, or 70 I think you'll find that +10 is quite inadequate to the task of killing :lol:

Maybe I'll cap its effectiveness in some other way just to make things a bit harder! :twisted:
ya...level 97 and still hitting pretty much every time (with my sword a bit better and a couple of dex rings). The only ones I have missed: dragons, who cannot be frozen anyways, and every once in a while a vampire. But the one that I absolutely could not hit...a hobgoblin that I had polymorphed a medusa into on like lvl 80 :P Definitely need to nerf the cold in some manner...at least so that that one element cannot be COMPLETELY dominant without the aid of much else
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

On my current run to floor 182 with a freezing sword, at +9/+9 on floor 90 I could barely hit anyone. Past floor 100 I could not hit ANYTHING, literally miss every time on anything. From floors 90-182 I picked up 6 more enchant weapon scrolls and they all went to strength. Haven't been able to hit a monster for 100 floors. +5 dex rings and a +9/+15 freezing two handed sword of jabberwock slaying completley useless.

Seems like you should still get SOME small chance of hitting no matter what floor you're on. Also, this has been said, but your chance to hit a sleeping/frozen monster should go way up. It's so weird when, around floor 90, I get a lucky hit in, which freezes the guy, and then his frozen body dodges my subsequent attack! What!

Now it's a +9+17 sword... some kind of bug? Or just by chance 8 straight scrolls gave me more power and not chance to hit...

Also, these monsters that are on "holding patterns" are really freaking annoying. There should be some chance that they move at random. Like 5 out of every 100 turns they move completely randomly.