Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Nighthawk

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Nighthawk »

lr100 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not. I am wearing a ring of disarming. But I still get teleported by teleport traps.
Probably is a bug, and related to the scrolls of disarming not really doing what they say either.
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

NightOwl40 wrote: Nooooooo!!!! Leave that feature in ;) Besides, most of the time your secret character corpse is so powerful that you die trying to kill the blasted thing........or at least I do, anyway :oops:
the corpse is hard to beat...up to the point that you realize that all you have to do is walk your level 1 character down a few levels and let him die....
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

nohbdy wrote:
NightOwl40 wrote: Nooooooo!!!! Leave that feature in ;) Besides, most of the time your secret character corpse is so powerful that you die trying to kill the blasted thing........or at least I do, anyway :oops:
the corpse is hard to beat...up to the point that you realize that all you have to do is walk your level 1 character down a few levels and let him die....
I've tried that and still lost......unless I'm playing with another secret one :P Now, when you've gotten down far enough that you have some decent armor, weapons and items and die, then get that far again that survival gets sort of iffy :roll: And what you reclaim if victorious is still sorta random.......at least the game as is gives you something of a sporting chance of getting some decent gear :lol:
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Here is another one of those strange partially filled room bugs:

Before entering the room:
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (31.38 KiB) Viewed 18485 times
After entering the room:
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (32.78 KiB) Viewed 18487 times
DanJS

Post by DanJS »

I did a quick search on 'cursed dagger' and no bugs showed up so here it goes...

I was carrying a dozen +2/+0 daggers when I picked up another 10 'unidentified' daggers. My inventory now shows 24 +2/+0 Daggers so I think Sweet! More goodness. When I equip these after picking up the new batch I find that they are now cursed. The display doesn't show the curse, the inventory still shows 24 +2/+0 Daggers. Only now I can drop them or throw them and I have no idea what the actual penalty is. So, obviously the 2nd batch was cursed, but they got grouped in with the good and turned the whole dive to crud since I didn't find a remove curse spell before a Griffin decided to eat me while I tried in vain to kill it with a cursed weapon I would have never equiped had it been 'unidentified' :twisted: . The rub of it all? I had a +5/+3 Long Sword of Griffin Slaying in my pack. :roll:

As a side note, I had a Vorpalize Weapon scroll and I was desperate so I used it. It turned the daggers to +3/+1 Dagger of Medusa Slaying, but the curse remained and I couldn't drop/unequip.

-dan
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

Dunno if this has been reported yet but when I was delving with neo I put on a ring of aggravate monster by accident on the 24th floor. However when I descended the ring stopped working, at least no monsters were running toward me until I attacked them and when I encountered monsters they didn't have the aggravated speech bubble above their heads. Not that I'm complaining but I thought I should report it.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

DanJS wrote:I did a quick search on 'cursed dagger' and no bugs showed up so here it goes...

I was carrying a dozen +2/+0 daggers when I picked up another 10 'unidentified' daggers. My inventory now shows 24 +2/+0 Daggers so I think Sweet! More goodness. When I equip these after picking up the new batch I find that they are now cursed. The display doesn't show the curse, the inventory still shows 24 +2/+0 Daggers. Only now I can drop them or throw them and I have no idea what the actual penalty is. So, obviously the 2nd batch was cursed, but they got grouped in with the good and turned the whole dive to crud since I didn't find a remove curse spell before a Griffin decided to eat me while I tried in vain to kill it with a cursed weapon I would have never equiped had it been 'unidentified' :twisted: . The rub of it all? I had a +5/+3 Long Sword of Griffin Slaying in my pack. :roll:

As a side note, I had a Vorpalize Weapon scroll and I was desperate so I used it. It turned the daggers to +3/+1 Dagger of Medusa Slaying, but the curse remained and I couldn't drop/unequip.

-dan
Don't hold me to it, but i *think* that both are these are intentional; this is the way original versions of Rogue handled both of your situations.
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

nohbdy wrote:two things:
I was playing Athena and then died. Next game I decided I would check a possible exploit of getting a secret character to die on level 2, attacking his corpse with an Athena, and taking his items. That exploit did not work (I was using the Hulk hoping to maybe get his +10 dmg ring :P ), but something else happened when I killed the skeleton: he dropped a scale armor that was waterproof and brought my ac to 0...the same type of armor that my Athena wore (not sure about the ac tho...). I played through with that char till I eventually died and thought that I might try the hulk thing again. It dropped the scale mail (with the same armor class) again along with a few rings (not sure what the rings were...), so clearly the bug is repeatable. The one curious thing is I know my Athena's armor was was -2 at the end of the previous game, and not 0, so I have even a less idea how this bug works. Anyone can feel free to try to figure this one out :D .
I started trying similar things towards the end of the contest, with an odd result as well. I wanted Gareth's +2+2 Blessed 2 handed sword, so I took him to level 2 and let him die. He is really easy to kill by Athena since he only has 12 health. Anyway, when I killed him, I *never* got his sword, even if I dropped everything else he had, instead, I would get a +3+2 blessed spear of medusa slaying (same thing as Athena starts with but +3+2 instead of +2+2). This was easily repeatable.

Strangely, I managed to pick up a Blessed two handed sword off an Athena corpse that *never even had one* in another run.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Sounds like we have an issue with the previous character's pack storage. As far as the quantity of item's you'd get- normally if the skeleton does not spawn you would get a single item from that dead character's stash. If the skeleton jumps up and attacks you have the possibility of getting *many* items from your previous corpse, but not all- the game randomly trashes stuff from the pack before storing your dead guy or gal.

From the sounds of it, this pack data is getting munched up in some manner, I will need to do some experiments here and see what I can find. Maybe it's being stored correctly but not parsed correctly when loaded into the new game for discovery.

Thanks for the confirmation that it's repeatable! :twisted:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Sounds like some people may have taken advantage of that during the recent competition...still fair game mind. Everyone could use it! :)