Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
kirothak

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by kirothak »

fully agree with shadowspawn, I want enhanced features as they will be fun and i may actuly be able to beat the games hehe, yet i want classic as i am determined to one day beat it the old school way (or close to it) I will win!! so i am all for both sides :-)
Mbrandt21

Post by Mbrandt21 »

I would like to see a fighting animation for rogue touch, also if your character showed what he was wearing (if you are wielding a mace, your character is holding one).
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Random suggestion (Enhanced): Ability to choose starter items (Unidentified of course).

EX: What would you like to start with?
*Extra food
* A X(Color) potion
* A scroll titled X
* An X staff
* An X ring
* 15 extra arrows (Or daggers/Darts)

Suggestion 2: New game +
Keep the items from a finished playthrough, but start over. Essentialy your level is reset and amulet removed when you reach the surface.

Suggestion 3: New Game + Point system.
Similar to the new game + system of the "Tales of..." Series, you can buy features for a brand new game with points (An alternative can be total XP at the end). Examples of some:
*Double XP
*Slow digestion
*Keep ending equipment

And so on.

EDIT: Another random idea xD
Scroll of grocery listing. Spawns a food ration on your level. If you see it on the map dosn't matter.
Last edited by Zakia on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Detzlink

Post by Detzlink »

Still haven't got the update...

Hmm I have a request, It's more an estetic request ;) , I think it would be nice to give the dungeons a more dungeonish stile, the dungeon needs to be more creepy (like the gandreas rogue) (I don't like to compare) ( but anyway the only thing I prefer more about it is the dunegon style)
Rogue Touch rocks :D
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Mbrandt21 wrote:I would like to see a fighting animation for rogue touch, also if your character showed what he was wearing (if you are wielding a mace, your character is holding one).

While more detailed animation during battle would be cool, I doubt our engine is up to the challenge. This was our first iPhone game, and we learned a lot about what to do and what not to do :D But we do plan on taking everything learned and applying it to future games!

Zakia wrote:Random suggestion (Enhanced): Ability to choose starter items (Unidentified of course).

EX: What would you like to start with?
*Extra food
* A X(Color) potion
* A scroll titled X
* An X staff
* An X ring
* 15 extra arrows (Or daggers/Darts)

Suggestion 2: New game +
Keep the items from a finished playthrough, but start over. Essentialy your level is reset and amulet removed when you reach the surface.

Suggestion 3: New Game + Point system.
Similar to the new game + system of the "Tales of..." Series, you can buy features for a brand new game with points (An alternative can be total XP at the end). Examples of some:
*Double XP
*Slow digestion
*Keep ending equipment

And so on.

EDIT: Another random idea xD
Scroll of grocery listing. Spawns a food ration on your level. If you see it on the map dosn't matter.

Zakia, you're a fountain of ideas! We'll be sure to ask you whenever we run low on them ;)

I kind of like the idea of being able to keep your equipment from game to game (as allowed with storehouse jars in one of our other favorite games!) Anything like that would definitely be an "advanced" mode feature. Maybe a ways down the road it'll happen!

Detzlink wrote:Still haven't got the update...

Hmm I have a request, It's more an estetic request ;) , I think it would be nice to give the dungeons a more dungeonish stile, the dungeon needs to be more creepy (like the gandreas rogue) (I don't like to compare) ( but anyway the only thing I prefer more about it is the dunegon style)
Rogue Touch rocks :D

The dungeon graphics as you see were drawn lovingly to look like an updated version of the Atari 520ST version of Rogue. I think we nailed it pretty close while giving some more detail. With that said, I do think there's a place for more advanced tile-sets (an ASCII one, and maybe a cavernous one)! We might be able to provide one or two optional looks in the future :D
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:I kind of like the idea of being able to keep your equipment from game to game (as allowed with storehouse jars in one of our other favorite games!) Anything like that would definitely be an "advanced" mode feature. Maybe a ways down the road it'll happen!
Bring in the talking weasel, too xD
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
kirothak

Post by kirothak »

What would be really cool would be for rogue touch to be in a social gameing network, 2 are being developed for iphone/touch. Onyx Online, and OpenFeint. though I think both still are not ready heres a post on touch arcade about OpenFeint with a link in the post to more about Onyx online as well. http://toucharcade.com/2009/02/17/openf ... evelopers/

they both sound cool to me but Onyx has an achivments system and openfaint has not said anything about such.

So yahh I hope one of these two platforms becomes popular for I games and i hope rogue touch is in on it when it happens hehe ;-p
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Here's my plea to make gold more meaningful again.

While I concede shops are probably still a ways off, gold presently seems completely useless. In the original Rogue wasn't this at least the primary factor in your end score? As it stands Leprecauns (sp?) are also meaningless (oh no they may steal some of my useless gold!). I would think the easiest fix for now is to bring back some form of numeric scoring heavily based on the gold to the HoF, later, and I'd assume easier to implement than the store might be the idea of wandering NPCs that can offer services for cash (if you want to keep it simple they can be basic utility stuff like identify, remove curse, and even fill one's stomach as if they just ate a food ration). To keep some balance they'd only offer their services once on a given level and only have the one thematic service to offer (like a priest could remove a curse or a professor could identify something).
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

LordGek wrote:Here's my plea to make gold more meaningful again.

While I concede shops are probably still a ways off, gold presently seems completely useless. In the original Rogue wasn't this at least the primary factor in your end score? As it stands Leprecauns (sp?) are also meaningless (oh no they may steal some of my useless gold!). I would think the easiest fix for now is to bring back some form of numeric scoring heavily based on the gold to the HoF, later, and I'd assume easier to implement than the store might be the idea of wandering NPCs that can offer services for cash (if you want to keep it simple they can be basic utility stuff like identify, remove curse, and even fill one's stomach as if they just ate a food ration). To keep some balance they'd only offer their services once on a given level and only have the one thematic service to offer (like a priest could remove a curse or a professor could identify something).

LordGek, your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Seriously though, placing an actual score based on Gold and some other factors into the Hall of Fame will give RT the extra kick in the pants it needs. Competition is a good thing, and until the online leaderboard is a reality, the least we can do is offer a visible score to spark a friendly competition :mrgreen:

I also like the ideas of special characters offering services throughout the dungeon. This would fall into the advanced game of course, but there'd be room for a lot of them. Maybe even a masseuse ;)
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

I'll have to start a newsletter chock-a-block full of my obsessional roguelike rants!

I like the idea of having to make hard choices between a semi-useful service now at the cost of some major score hosing. Heck, maybe there can be some sort of score bonus for completing the game w/o using the services offered. Another idea along these lines might be a one-stop-shop offering a variety of services BUT at insanely price gauging rates. Also, like Shiren's masuesse, perhaps there could be some fun gamble like charcters that for some fee you spin the big wheel (like an antique weapon dealer with a case holding some ancient artifact which could end up being just as promised or a rusty piece of crap).

A new concept for you, if not already in the game mechanics, would be to better differentiate the weapons. The easiest I'd think would be to give some weapons intrinsic bonuses/penalties to hit (+2 for daggers and -2 for a two handed sword). More advanced stuff might get into special bonuses for specific weapons vs. beasties (like maces doing 2x damage to zombies) or giving certain types of weapons intrinsic abilities like daggers sometimes performing a double strike or a two handed sword blow having a chance to knock an opponent back a space.
CommanderData wrote:
LordGek wrote:Here's my plea to make gold more meaningful again.

LordGek, your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Seriously though, placing an actual score based on Gold and some other factors into the Hall of Fame will give RT the extra kick in the pants it needs. Competition is a good thing, and until the online leaderboard is a reality, the least we can do is offer a visible score to spark a friendly competition :mrgreen:

I also like the ideas of special characters offering services throughout the dungeon. This would fall into the advanced game of course, but there'd be room for a lot of them. Maybe even a masseuse ;)