You have to love Neo

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
DaveS

You have to love Neo

Post by DaveS »

So, I was getting a little frustrated trying to get "Dave" ascended, so I decided to give Neo a try. I don't generally play secret charcters, but wow what a difference. Being hasted all of the time makes the game sooo much easier. I ended up ascending with 19,213 points. It is going to be hard going back to a normal character now, but I did have the opportunity to learn the game mechanics a little better since Neo is much more forgiving to mistakes. Case in point, on level 24 a found a vorpalize weapon scroll and forgot to switch to a new weapon before reading it. There goes my super mace. I ended up finishing the game with a non enhanced long sword which did make things a bit more interesting. Of all the things I found, I think the +3 ring of protection and two wands of paralysis ended up being the most important.Hopefully now that I have ascended a character I can be a little more patient now and get a real score posted soon.

Dave
DPCyric

Re: You have to love Neo

Post by DPCyric »

I just wish some of the other secret characters were as good as Neo but without the haste. I find myself trying other people out and always going back to Neo because no one can compare in combat :(
lleo

Post by lleo »

It is so easy to abuse the game by playing as Neo, thanks to his super speed and monster detection skill..
Anyway, I was at level 46 chatting with Medussa and Dragon when I spotted a potion of haste..
I tot why dun I let Neo drink it and become super fast...

Guess what?

Big mistake..., after a while the potion effect wore off and... Neo become normal!!! And he died in no time.. :mrgreen:
trizzle

Post by trizzle »

Yeah, I've found that certain potions will remove Neo's perma-haste. So I've pretty much sworn off potions as Neo, short of throwing them at monsters.