Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by CommanderData »

nohbdy wrote:May not have beaten scotopia's score but got into second on my first attempt, only 133 steps behind him ;). That spartan cuirass (it was cursed and I never got my ac better than 8 tho...) and +5dmg ring must have really helped

looked back at the leader board...how did you manage only 142 kills and still winning the game scotopia? :o
Nice job on that one! I think scotopia probably dove like a madman and avoided a bunch of monsters in order to get that score. It suits the ninja's play style to be stealthy (he's the author of Ninja Buddy in the app store in case you didn't know) :D

XVar, I agree that other countries are under-represented here in the CD's Angels board. Hopefully we'll see some others start sneaking in soon!
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

The standings as of 7:52 PST

1) Scotopia winning as Athena in 12781 turns!
2) Nohbdy* winning as Athena in 12973 turns! (*most likely but hopefully will be able to verify soon)
3) Shadowspawn winning as Athena in 14999 turns!
4) Jhawk winning as Athena in 15516 turns!
5) Unknown winning as Athena in 19243 turns!

I have to agree with CD, one would hope we eventually see somebody else in here besides Athena but there is no denying she has the ULTIMATE SET of training wheels, if you know what I mean (wink, wink).

Oh, is #2 nohbdy? Hopefully you can soon get your ID all registered with the ERC (assuming CD can do that abroad) so it can't appear to be somebody claiming that sweet score. I'll put it in anyways.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

After my incredibly bad luck in doing a great run not to have it make my HOF and not get submitted, and another stellar run lost to being a Item scrooge, I decided to give it one more go and WTFPWN that dirty dungeon Norris style

I think it's safe to say I can start thinking of secret names :D
scotopia

Post by scotopia »

Hmm... I just got another fast win with Athena but I'm not seeing it on the leader board? I was connected to my wi-fi and I saw the activity indicator spin when I won so I don't really know whats going on; can a brother get a little help?
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

That is messed up if true, maybe CD can check the logs at that point and see if there was some weird reason it didn't post.

So, bot counting Scotopia's missing score, here are the standings as of tonight at 7:44 PST.

1) Jhawk winning as Athena in 10575 turns!
2) Scotopia winning as Athena in 12781 turns!
3) Nohbdy* winning as Athena in 12973 turns! (*most likely but still hope to verify soon)
4) Shadowspawn winning as Athena in 14999 turns!
5) Unknown winning as Athena in 19243 turns!
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

LordGek wrote: Oh, is #2 nohbdy? Hopefully you can soon get your ID all registered with the ERC (assuming CD can do that abroad) so it can't appear to be somebody claiming that sweet score. I'll put it in anyways.
will get to doing that as soon as I have a time to bother to find my udid code and send it to CD....
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Well after trying Ripley a few times, decided to try the popular Athena and got her through on the first try. 16k turn count though :(

What is funny is that the reason I got through with her was not because of starting equipment but she found a +2/+2 Axe of Freezing on level 2, so was able to slow things a lot. The most ironic part of that dive was I found 2 elvish chainmail and a scroll of protect armor....I never see either on most runs :roll:
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

Had a interesting game rather than good game with Ripley. Was struggling against everything as strength of only 8 and so made what was likely to be a suicidal dive for the amulet from level 17. Being able to see the monsters allows lots of equipment juggling. I was having fun hurling weapons down long long corridors as a monster identifier. Dagger. (Griffin) Polymorph. Dagger. (Ur-Vile) Polymorph. Ran my last wand dry on level 21, having used fire, paralyze, polymorph, teleport away and slow. Made it down to 26, found amulet, heading out. Finally killed a jaberwock with the crossbow of jaberwock slaying.

I have a new respect for the advantages of blessed weapons, a small collection of +2 Shurikens was my weapon of choice for exploring rather than fighting.

On level 22 a Medusa spawned beside me while I was in search mode, lost a narrow fight after the Medusa got a free hit to start the fight as I changed weapons.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

kennfusion wrote:Well after trying Ripley a few times, decided to try the popular Athena and got her through on the first try. 16k turn count though :(

What is funny is that the reason I got through with her was not because of starting equipment but she found a +2/+2 Axe of Freezing on level 2, so was able to slow things a lot. The most ironic part of that dive was I found 2 elvish chainmail and a scroll of protect armor....I never see either on most runs :roll:
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like their are more magical items when playing with Athena. I never play with secret characters, so Athena is my only experience with this. I hardly ever find magical items, if i do it is rarely more than one item. Yet with Athena i have found 2-3 magical items on every run.
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Jim2wheels wrote: Maybe it's just me, but it feels like their are more magical items when playing with Athena. I never play with secret characters, so Athena is my only experience with this. I hardly ever find magical items, if i do it is rarely more than one item. Yet with Athena i have found 2-3 magical items on every run.

I know my Athena dive on won with had found like 10 rings, not a single wand the whole game. I just now died to a chimera with Athena on floor 18 and had found no rings, but like 6 wands so far. So who knows. I always seem to find stuff in groups like that.