Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Bug Reports

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:Not sure if this is a feature request or a bug. When you get a staff of light and you select it, I don't think it should then ask you which direction to zap. It should just zap whatever room you are in and save you a step.

Also, (and this is really a feature request), I was thinking you could add a "repeat last action" icon on the bottom of the screen along with the find and sleep icons. This would be really handy for when you are throwing shurikens or darts or daggers or shooting arrows, etc... currently you have to tap to bring up inventory. Then tap again to select the shuriken, then tap again to select the direction. Repeat like 5 times until monster is dead.
The there are two reasons I made all staves/wands pop up the picker:
1) Chance to cancel the command if you decided you made a mistake
2) Make each staff/wand harder to identify. There may be other multi-directional staves coming up, and I didn't want anyone to be able to guess due to some process of elimination :D

There is a shortcut for your ranged attacks now, but only if you have the item *equipped*. If you do, make sure you have "Ranged Weapon Tap" turned on in the options (settings app). Then you can just tap the weapon icon at the bottom of the screen (the touch zone is bigger, so it's easy to hit) and it'll bring up the direction to fire/throw in without making you deal with the popup menu or inventory.

That's not to say a Repeat/Redo Action button isn't a good idea... it is pretty neat sounding. Another similar request was the "weapon swap, or extra weapon slot". A number of ways to help this, but a redo action or weapon swap button would be more in line with traditional rogue gameplay.

Have to run for work soon, but I'll think about the possibilities today :D
farnsworthiness

Post by farnsworthiness »

I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional oversight.

When standing in a doorway, you traditionally cannot attack on diagonals or be attacked on diagonals either into or out of the room. What I did discover is that you can shoot out of the doorway and into a room on a diagonal. Was using the basic starting bow and arrow. Is this a problem?
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

farnsworthiness wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional oversight.

When standing in a doorway, you traditionally cannot attack on diagonals or be attacked on diagonals either into or out of the room. What I did discover is that you can shoot out of the doorway and into a room on a diagonal. Was using the basic starting bow and arrow. Is this a problem?
As far as I recall, no it's not a bug. You definitely cannot make a move or melee attack on the diagonals in a doorway. But even if shooting diagonally in a doorway was not allowed before in the original rogue, I think that type of attack should be legal! :lol:
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

Just got killed by a new monster but it hasnt been added to the boards yet ;). Funny thing tho :D
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Linkie wrote:Just got killed by a new monster but it hasnt been added to the boards yet ;). Funny thing tho :D
Ha Ha! I'll push him in there now... I had to leave it out of the boards so that people wouldn't see me killed by it :lol:

OK- all better, I see you at slot 17 of the recents, but moving off the board fast :)
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Not sure if this is a bug or just an irritation. Using the new 1.5 version (which by the way is awesome overall so far), I find a ring of searching and wear it. Not like every other step I am getting found gold messages and also "Your character name was here scratched on the wall" messages. While certainly finding gold should not be anything to be complaining about, it is pretty distracting to get so many messages about it. I think that if you are wearing a ring of searching, it should not show those messages, as otherwise you are constantly looking because you think something happened because you got a text message. Also the character was here one comes up way too frequently. That one should only come up once per dungeon.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or just an irritation. Using the new 1.5 version (which by the way is awesome overall so far), I find a ring of searching and wear it. Not like every other step I am getting found gold messages and also "Your character name was here scratched on the wall" messages. While certainly finding gold should not be anything to be complaining about, it is pretty distracting to get so many messages about it. I think that if you are wearing a ring of searching, it should not show those messages, as otherwise you are constantly looking because you think something happened because you got a text message. Also the character was here one comes up way too frequently. That one should only come up once per dungeon.
I agree that those are more irritations than anything when they come up a bit too frequently, but we can tone it all down with the ring of searching (or mute them completely while wearing one). You might have noticed that wearing the ring of searching now can give you a slight advantage in gold piece count for your end score, but at the cost of some food ;)

As far as the character scrawlings, eventually it would either pick multiple names from your top 10, or else it would take your previous names along with a few leaders from the server... so it could be more amusing to see in the next version. Either way I agree the frequency needs to be reduced a bit when you're very search heavy :D

I've added the note to my 1.6 todo list! Glad that things are looking quite a bit better from your point of view, and thanks for providing the reports that helped us to finally get there :lol:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I was playing as Athena and accidently threw my spear....when I picked it back up, instead of going to the upper part of the inventory it was at the bottom. After that, all weapons I found ended up down there too, until I found some rings, then they were at the very bottom of the list.

I still wish there was an option to manually sort the items in the pack.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote:I was playing as Athena and accidently threw my spear....when I picked it back up, instead of going to the upper part of the inventory it was at the bottom. After that, all weapons I found ended up down there too, until I found some rings, then they were at the very bottom of the list.

I still wish there was an option to manually sort the items in the pack.
Yes, that is a side effect of the automated sorting I do now. If you throw the spear, and have *no* other weapons in your pack, it can't find anything else to group it up with, which means the game just says "end of the pack for you"! If you keep an extra weapon handy in there before throwing it the spear will be grouped back together with your "spare" weapon :)

Manual sorting of the pack is still something I'm experimenting with... hopefully I can get it right and share it with the world ;)
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

You could just do forced sorting yourself, CD. Just make inventory type headers and then list everything of that type under them. Maybe make the headers stand out with CAPS or different background colors behind the text. As for player sorting, allow the catagories to "collapse," allow categories to be reordered, and allow items to be moved within a category.

WEAPONS
Weapon 1
Weapon 2
Weapon 3
ARMOR
Armor 1
Armor 2
POTIONS
RINGS
WANDS
STAVES
FOOD