New name, mini-poster, and development update!

The Secret Project (Part 1) - Available as soon as she is done! :)
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: New name, mini-poster, and development update!

Post by CommanderData »

theitalian wrote:I think you should add a bit of flicker to the torch/lamp effect. but other then that it looks amazing, looking forward to the release :)
Oh yeah, you are absolutely right with the little details like that. Since these videos were made I've been loaded down with "day job" consulting projects but have also managed to keep the project alive in the background :D

In the coming weeks I'll produce a new short clip that shows off where things have come in the past few months. Improvements to the tiles themselves, to the floor layout generators, and the creation of lots of little details to make the world more alive and interesting: insects and reptiles that crawl around, animated fire (which improves the lighting a LOT).

On top of this, I've been quietly re-designing some core elements and concepts to make the game more fun, and still accessible to new players. The magic system has been changed a bit, and will be quite interesting to play with! Equipment is much more varied and unique now too.

My apologies for the quiet around here, but things will get very interesting pretty soon! :lol:
nghtstr

Post by nghtstr »

Is this game still in development, or has it been shelved?
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

nghtstr wrote:Is this game still in development, or has it been shelved?
Oh no, not shelved at all... Mineko is still in development and should be completed this year! I should have realized that many people will only look in the forums despite the entire site redesign... thought that the new layout and header would encourage exploration ;)

For anyone who missed the home page blog, I traveled 3000 miles to attend WWDC last week, and showed off a small demo to the guys at TouchArcade while I was there (in addition to talking about other game projects and an overhaul to Rogue Touch).

It was on the front page of TouchArcade for a while, but now you can read the article here.

There are some pictures, and a short video they took during the meeting. Next month I'll be inserting the massive amount of monster data I have been animating and accumulating over the past year, and then things will get really interesting! :D

Anyway, I think I'll clean up this forum over the next few weeks and insert a bunch of new info so that forum-only visitors can see what is happening too!
nghtstr

Post by nghtstr »

Good!! I was beginning to really worry since there didn't seem to be any activity whats-so-ever... I can't want to see this really take flight. And if you need any beta testers, I would be more than happy to offer my services... :D