Twitter Teaser Photo

The Secret Project (Part 1) - Available as soon as she is done! :)
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Twitter Teaser Photo

Post by CommanderData »

For those of you who are not following me on twitter (and why not darn it :lol:) here is a little tongue-in-cheek peek at what I've been up to:

There's still so much to do it's not funny though. Core concepts are great, gameplay will be even better once I actually get it going :mrgreen:
NightOwl40

Re: Twitter Teaser Photo

Post by NightOwl40 »

:lol: I like the graphics style, but that font is a little hard to read for my middle-aged eyes :p Game looks great, though.....I can hardly wait to play it ;)
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote::lol: I like the graphics style, but that font is a little hard to read for my middle-aged eyes :p Game looks great, though.....I can hardly wait to play it ;)
Don't worry, the font/text was just pasted in by me in Paint Shop to make a point about storyline and dialog in roguelikes. The graphic tiles and character are all real, these are in-game assets I have been working on... Paul Pridham noticed my subtle nod to Sword of Fargoal in this pic- I drew the floor tiles to match a design his (and Jeff's) game.

The tileset you see here is only for the first three floors or so, then it changes :D

So yeah, I am trying to tweak my storyline ideas so it's not too intrusive or annoying after multiple playthroughs :lol:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Changing the tileset is a nice idea.....gives the player a sense of making progress in the journey ;) My first thought when I saw the floor tiles was of Fargoal ;) Nice nod to a fellow developer :mrgreen:
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Nighthawk wrote:Oh noes... not barrels! http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/40.html ;)
HaHa! That's great stuff, never seen that before...

the actual formula for the world's first completely unbiased review methodology was a trivial matter of applying our many hours spent watching actors portray scientists on television to our hatred of crates. Games can be rated and compared based on the shortest amount of time it takes a player to reach the first crate, which represents the point where the developers ran out of ideas. This number is measured in seconds and is called "Start to Crate" or "StC". The smaller the StC, the worse the game.
Lucky for you, since this is a turn based game, the time to reach the first barrel can approach INFINITY since you can simply sit in one place and admire my amazing tile work and animations without fear of attack. That should suggest to you the obvious truth that FFSHM will be pretty darn good (even if not infinitely awesome) :lol:
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

CommanderData wrote:
the actual formula for the world's first completely unbiased review methodology was a trivial matter of applying our many hours spent watching actors portray scientists on television to our hatred of crates. Games can be rated and compared based on the shortest amount of time it takes a player to reach the first crate, which represents the point where the developers ran out of ideas. This number is measured in seconds and is called "Start to Crate" or "StC". The smaller the StC, the worse the game.
Lucky for you, since this is a turn based game, the time to reach the first barrel can approach INFINITY since you can simply sit in one place and admire my amazing tile work and animations without fear of attack. That should suggest to you the obvious truth that FFSHM will be pretty darn good (even if not infinitely awesome) :lol:
Except that "reach" is really defined as "first visual sighting on-screen" by the reading of most of the reviews, so once it's on the screen.... :D