Your largest "oops" moment

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
corhen

Your largest "oops" moment

Post by corhen »

this is a thread to post your largest screw up....

mine was i managed to get my hands on a 2-handed Flaming Skull Sword (least i think that is what it was called) early in the game..
i then proceded to find 4 scrolls of Wepon Enchant....

soon i had a Flaming Skull Sword +4+5 and i found it too easy.

so when i found a Stave of Polymorph, i played with it till i turned a Bat into a Dragon...

i attacked it, me with my Master Rouge Status. and 71 health...
it hit me for 110 dammage, and i was left -31 life...
Oops
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Your largest "oops" moment

Post by CommanderData »

corhen wrote:this is a thread to post your largest screw up....

mine was i managed to get my hands on a 2-handed Flaming Skull Sword (least i think that is what it was called) early in the game..
i then proceded to find 4 scrolls of Wepon Enchant....

soon i had a Flaming Skull Sword +4+5 and i found it too easy.

so when i found a Stave of Polymorph, i played with it till i turned a Bat into a Dragon...

i attacked it, me with my Master Rouge Status. and 71 health...
it hit me for 110 dammage, and i was left -31 life...
Oops

Yes, that is a pretty big OOPS! :lol:

Wands of polymorph can save your life at deeper levels of the dungeon by turning a dragon into a bat for example... the problem usually comes from finding one early on, and zapping a weak monster on the first few floors... "hmmm, I wonder what this wand does... OMG! Stay back! Arrrggh!"
Lydyra

Post by Lydyra »

I accidently threw my +5,+5 katana of freezing and as I went to retrieve it I fell through a trap door and landed in a party room. Can't remember he level, but I was soooooo outclassed. R.I.P., Rogueforte. :D
I will never put my sword down
I will never run away
--Manilla Road, "The Veils Of Negative Existence"
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I keep getting killed by my previous hero's corpse. I've only managed to survive twice so far......once by sheer luck, the second(and more recent) time by standing on a scroll of scare monster :p
Lydyra

Post by Lydyra »

I haven't run into one of my corpses yet! I'd like to--the idea amuses me. :D
I will never put my sword down
I will never run away
--Manilla Road, "The Veils Of Negative Existence"
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

I put on a ring of teleportation instead of throwing it. I ended up dying of starvation on the 5th floor as I couldn't get to food or descend the stairs
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Van Damage

Post by Van Damage »

On at least two occasions, when battling a griffin, instead of throwing a potion of paralysis... I drank it. :?
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Was doing great, had some really neat weapons including a +3+3 flaming mace of orc slaying, then found my corpse. Dropped the scroll of scare monster, got a few good shots in then accidently stepped off of it..........of course it crumbles into dust if you try to step back onto it since you automatically try to pick the frakking thing up..............and yep, got offed by my own dead body once again :oops:
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Van Damage wrote:On at least two occasions, when battling a griffin, instead of throwing a potion of paralysis... I drank it. :?
Ya I did this with a confusion potion against a Troll. Luckily I was in a doorway and went back into the hall and still managed to kill the bugger but I was sweating it and got down to like 17 of 80hp :shock:

Take it easy!!

-=|Brutus
NewHamsterdam

Post by NewHamsterdam »

It wasn't so much a blunder as just horrible luck, but I was fighting a griffin and was way outclassed. I went through all of my healing potions and finally with like 6 hp I use a scroll of teleport which teleports me across the map, right next to another griffin. It didn't end well.