Your largest "oops" moment

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

Re: Your largest "oops" moment

Post by jhawk »

i hear everyone complain about skeletons but ive never been killed by one, and at one point defeated a neo skeleton with a normie, granted i had a rather nice defensive arsenal
Shumby

Post by Shumby »

jhawk wrote:i hear everyone complain about skeletons but ive never been killed by one, and at one point defeated a neo skeleton with a normie, granted i had a rather nice defensive arsenal
you're jinxing yourself ;)
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

jhawk wrote:i hear everyone complain about skeletons but ive never been killed by one, and at one point defeated a neo skeleton with a normie, granted i had a rather nice defensive arsenal
Well for one thing there is a huge difference between a skeleton that died going down and one that died going up. However, I have a feeling the reason why most people die to skeletons is they just attack them head on. If I were to come across a skeleton now, I have many options I could try. Throwing a slowing potion at them. Freezing them, backing off, and hitting them with range. Confusing them, getting a couple hits in and then teleporting (me or them), backing off to heal. But before I learned that stuff through many dungeon runs I would have just tried to attack them, and most of the time you lose that fight, especially since they get the first hit.

But what I came in here to post was... don't drink a potion of paralysis when you are trying to throw it at a Dragon :oops:

Maybe those buttons shouldn't be right next to each other...
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Elysium wrote:But what I came in here to post was... don't drink a potion of paralysis when you are trying to throw it at a Dragon :oops:
On more than one occasion I've drunk a potion of demolition instead of throwing it, and it wasn't because the buttons were close together! (More because I usually drink them for the XP boost.)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Nighthawk wrote:
Elysium wrote:But what I came in here to post was... don't drink a potion of paralysis when you are trying to throw it at a Dragon :oops:
On more than one occasion I've drunk a potion of demolition instead of throwing it, and it wasn't because the buttons were close together! (More because I usually drink them for the XP boost.)
Especially when your level is quite high as the boost works on a percentage ratio :)
Raphie123

Post by Raphie123 »

Lol, this is not the biggest oops you'll ever seen, but one day, I was full in my pack, I decided to use some unkown scrolls... I got one that casted a Troll and killed me when I has around 70 HP :( and on floor 13 (biggest run ever, I've been playing for 4 days, I'm proud... :D )
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Raphie123 wrote:Lol, this is not the biggest oops you'll ever seen, but one day, I was full in my pack, I decided to use some unkown scrolls... I got one that casted a Troll and killed me when I has around 70 HP :( and on floor 13 (biggest run ever, I've been playing for 4 days, I'm proud... :D )

Those scrolls can be full of surprises :P Wait until you start playing with staffs and wands ;)
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Lol scrolls are harmless

It's insane how long blindness lasts, and then there's anmesia...

Wands/staffs are best experimented with on stairs for a speedy gettaway

It's not so fun using a staff of paralyze and "nothing happens", if they can't be recharged maybe they should just break :?