How does armor work?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
corhen

How does armor work?

Post by corhen »

how do i tell how much armor i have? i see that little unicorn, and i thought that was my armor, but as i equip armor, that decreases......
Any Advice?

Thanks
Corhen
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: How does armor work?

Post by CommanderData »

corhen wrote:how do i tell how much armor i have? i see that little unicorn, and i thought that was my armor, but as i equip armor, that decreases......
Any Advice?

Thanks
Corhen

Sure, Corhen, glad you could make it and join the forum... I apologize for the confusion with armor. If you never played old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons it can be hard to grasp.

Basically: That little blue shield icon with the unicorn is the stat for your armor. If you remove your armor you are shown in boxer shorts with an armor class (or "rating") of 10. AC 10 is very little protection at all. As you wear stronger armors and enchant them with scrolls you AC will decrease. That is a good thing. If you can get your AC down to zero or a negative number, monsters will have a very hard time hitting you! :D

If you didn't see the armor (and other equipment) listed on the main pages before the forum, take a peek at them here

Please ask if you need more info, we're all here to help ;)