Sale! Our First Ever - New Players Welcome!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
xmiyux

Re: Sale! Our First Ever - New Players Welcome!

Post by xmiyux »

I mentioned it to my video game group and I know one or two people picked it up. We are always on the prowl for decent iTouch/iPhone games and we are all suckers for a sale. :lol:
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

nghtstr wrote:
Dex1138 wrote: I agree! Even though I've been video gaming since there were video games I'd never played Rogue until I got my iPod. I had a friend who played it in ASCII obsessively in the 90s while I was playing graphic video games and I thought he was weird but now I'm hooked. :)
To me, the Rogue/NetHack/[insert game here] has never gotten the respect that it deserves. It puts the game play first, and graphics second. To me, gameplay is the most important factor in picking up a game. I wasn't sure when I bought this for $3, but the moment I started playing, I was hooked!! :D

CommanderData and crew, I can only hope that you guys make more games. And if you need another developer, I would love to throw my hat into the ring. :)

Edit: Wow, after re-reading my post, I have to wonder if I ate one too many of those mushrooms in the dungeon. :lol: I was just trying to say that even at $3, this was a bargain. I am also excited to see that this game, and its crew of dev(s), are getting the respect they deserve in the App Store.

nghtstr, No need to backtrack and edit, I understood what you were trying to say, and thank you! Feel free to PM me with some info about yourself if you've got a programming background! If nothing else, we can start with a friendly chat about software things :D

We do have MANY game ideas, but day-job roadblocks holding us back from going all out with them right now :(

BigDrahma wrote:
DPCyric wrote:It is nice to see some new faces here, I hope all of you stick around :D I just wanted to point out that I spied Rogue Touch in the Top 100 apps today (sitting at 91) :ugeek: Hopefully it can move up the ranks some more and stay there even after the sale ends :D
Looks like it's at #64 right now. :geek: Good to see it moving up as the sale rolls on! :D

Yes, we've slipped back a bit, out of the top 100 apps completely... My 15 minutes of fame... Sales are tapering off in the US now that the Apple feature is over.... We're experiencing a new surge in Japan that was unexpected though!

xmiyux wrote:I mentioned it to my video game group and I know one or two people picked it up. We are always on the prowl for decent iTouch/iPhone games and we are all suckers for a sale. :lol:

xmiyux, thanks so much for the support! I'm glad that you could convince a couple of fellow gamers to bite! You're not from Japan by chance? :D
xmiyux

Post by xmiyux »

:lol: Nope, I'm American. I am a member of a video game clan though that mostly plays games on Xbox Live.

Perhaps i will try to piece together a little review of RogueTouch and at least get it one the front page of our forum for a day or so.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

xmiyux wrote::lol: Nope, I'm American. I am a member of a video game clan though that mostly plays games on Xbox Live.

Perhaps i will try to piece together a little review of RogueTouch and at least get it one the front page of our forum for a day or so.
Well, that would be most appreciated if you could! Any little bit of publicity could help stop the bleeding that's started since our "What We're Playing" feature moved off page 1 in iTunes->Games. It's amazing how much the fate of a game is determined by one little thing that Apple does for you :lol:
xmiyux

Post by xmiyux »

Have you thought of getting in touch with some of the folks who do the Listen Up podcast? (formerly the 1 Up Yours podcast)

It has a pretty sizable listener base and they talk about iPhone games each week that they like.
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

xmiyux wrote:Have you thought of getting in touch with some of the folks who do the Listen Up podcast? (formerly the 1 Up Yours podcast)

It has a pretty sizable listener base and they talk about iPhone games each week that they like.
Is "Listen Up" getting a lot of listeners? Most people I know have switched to Rebel FM as their gaming podcast of choice (they also talk about iPhone games some). Either way I think getting a mention on a big gaming podcast would improve sales a lot.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

xmiyux, I took a peek for the 1 Up Yours podcast... are they hosting it elsewhere now? Last podcast I saw was dated 2/20/09... If you have a new link send me a PM! And DPCyric, I will look up Rebel FM tonight too once I get back to the hotel.... Thank you both!

----

Oh, and per special request I've enabled Avatars for the forum!!! You'll need to upload an image somewhere between 20x20 and 80x80. You can probably grab a monster off the leaderboard or Bestiary if you like them for use as an avatar here. Or go find some other cool retro death-bringer to identify yourself with! Please, keep them clean whatever you use :lol:
xmiyux

Post by xmiyux »

DPCyric wrote:
xmiyux wrote:Have you thought of getting in touch with some of the folks who do the Listen Up podcast? (formerly the 1 Up Yours podcast)

Is "Listen Up" getting a lot of listeners? Most people I know have switched to Rebel FM as their gaming podcast of choice (they also talk about iPhone games some). Either way I think getting a mention on a big gaming podcast would improve sales a lot.
:shrug: In my Last.FM group i'm seeing people still with Listen Up but haven't noticed as many on Rebel FM. That is however, pure speculation based upon my experience. I know I personally prefer Listen Up to Rebel FM.

But yes, talking to any of the podcasts might be a good. Perhaps one of them would want to do a developer interview?

edit: It is now called: 1Up.com - Listen Up in my iTunes feed.