Sale! Our First Ever - New Players Welcome!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Sale! Our First Ever - New Players Welcome!

Post by CommanderData »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In celebration of the holiday weekend, our new-and-improved version 1.5, and being featured by Apple we have decided to do something I swore I'd never do! We're having a sale on Rogue Touch! From 4/10/09 through 4/12/09 you'll be able to pick up Rogue Touch for only $0.99 US. :D

We really needed to show the world how much this game has advanced over the last few updates, and unfortunately the game was starting to fade away without any recognition, so we had to take action while Apple's still promoting us as well! Some of you have even pointed that out, being as addictive as RT is, it's surprising we never moved up the charts...

If you've just come here to browse the forum and see what we're all about now is your chance to support us, get a great deal, and join in on the fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sincerely hope that our regular players here can help answer questions this weekend, as new gamers come to visit our forum. I'm afraid that Jessica and I may get overwhelmed a bit by the whole thing if a lot of new faces show up :shock:

PS- If you have recently purchased RT at our normal price I do apologize, this was a last minute decision based on advice from other developers. Please keep in mind that no matter what you paid for Rogue Touch it's a great deal once you factor in the many updates and new features we keep adding to the game without asking for anything from our players! I know quite a few of you agree as we have had a number of donation offers from wonderful people who thought they *paid too little* for the amount of enjoyment they get out of the game :oops: *blushes*

Many thanks to everyone who continues to support us!
NightOwl40

Re: Sale! Our First Ever - New Players Welcome!

Post by NightOwl40 »

LOL Isn't that how it usually goes.......you find something you love, buy it, then it goes on sale a few days later :cry:

Just pulling your chain ;)
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote:LOL Isn't that how it usually goes.......you find something you love, buy it, then it goes on sale a few days later :cry:

Just pulling your chain ;)
Yeah, I know... I figured at least one of you would try it :lol:

It looks like the data is finally propagating through iTunes stores around the world. I've seen posts for germany having it on sale already at TA. Looks like the USA is coming up with it too now. It'll be interesting to see how newcomers to the game feel about it. I'm sure it'll probably hurt our overall ratings, but hopefully a lot of people will like what they see!

This is really about pushing ourselves as a new "brand", more than new sales... we want more people to know who we are, instead of "Chrono-whosit"? Never heard of them :D
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

ill poke a mate who just got a ipod touch ^-^ moar ppl MOAR!!!!!!

:D
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Linkie wrote:ill poke a mate who just got a ipod touch ^-^ moar ppl MOAR!!!!!!

:D

That's the spirit! The MOAR the merrier :lol:
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

Touch Arcade mentioned the sale so that will probably draw a TON of attention to the game. I talked a friend of mine who wont buy Apps into buying it since it is only $1 :ugeek: However I am disappointed to see the game go on sale because I think you should be making more money per download then what you will be making on it now :| However on the other hand this might give you enough market penetration that once the sale ends you might still get a lot of downloads via positive word of mouth.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

DPCyric wrote:Touch Arcade mentioned the sale so that will probably draw a TON of attention to the game. I talked a friend of mine who wont buy Apps into buying it since it is only $1 :ugeek: However I am disappointed to see the game go on sale because I think you should be making more money per download then what you will be making on it now :| However on the other hand this might give you enough market penetration that once the sale ends you might still get a lot of downloads via positive word of mouth.
I do agree with the analysis, honestly as we designed and wrote the game we discussed selling at a higher price. The App Store is very unfriendly to higher priced games, unless you're a bigtime publisher with some name recognition and marketing behind you :D Our normal price of $2.99 seemed to be the most anyone would be willing to go for without some sort of free/lite version to try out, so there it is!

This sale was an experiment as interest in the game had started to wane in the store, and while we were being featured I figured what the heck. Ideally this will boost us a bit as a "brand" like the big boys, and hopefully bring in more word of mouth sales as you say... We will see! :ugeek:
BTA

Post by BTA »

I don't regret buying it for a higher price at all; $2 < more play time. ;p
Engram

Post by Engram »

Even at $2.99, Rogue Touch puts a kickass roguelike on my iPod for $0.0081917808 a day! All fractional sums and comparisons to the price of a cup of coffee aside, this is an incredible price. I hope you acquire even more fans/customers with this sale.
Faintly

Post by Faintly »

Hello there

How about giving the first 100 purchasers a special forum tag to make them feel better and a bit special as they were early adopters?

Having said that, a couple of quid is really a tiny amount to pay, especially in comparison to Pocket PC games which regularly go for 10 pounds and up in some cases. Legends of Orion is a case in point.

Amazing game but was spensive on the ppc albeit alot cheaper on the iPhone/touch and poorly ported.

With the sale, there's no reason not to get this app whatsoever.

Now, if you could just get it featured in the TV ads....

Rgds

F