Gesture bug reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
skizzybiz

Gesture bug reports

Post by skizzybiz »

First off, I love this game, and I love what the developers have done to make it suited so well to the touchscreen. I just got finished writing a long 5-star review in the app store.

That said, I find some of the gestures a bit twitchy. Double-tap to run only works maybe half the time. I suspect that the tolerance is too low. I'm getting another tolerance issue with the zoom gesture -- most of the time, it will also move my character, usually right when I need him *not* to move under any circumstances. Is there any chance you could work on this?
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Gesture bug reports

Post by CommanderData »

skizzybiz wrote:First off, I love this game, and I love what the developers have done to make it suited so well to the touchscreen. I just got finished writing a long 5-star review in the app store.

That said, I find some of the gestures a bit twitchy. Double-tap to run only works maybe half the time. I suspect that the tolerance is too low. I'm getting another tolerance issue with the zoom gesture -- most of the time, it will also move my character, usually right when I need him *not* to move under any circumstances. Is there any chance you could work on this?
Hi there skizzybiz! I'll move this post to the Bug Reports thread later but I wanted to take the time first to say thank you for the support and great review :D

Double-Tap, and the entire fast-play mode has a interesting history: The first implementation was shall we say, not so great. Any two taps, even more than 1 second apart could trigger it. Which meant you were sending him off in a run all the time unintentionally. Plus there were other problems- no pathfinding in hallways, etc... What we have now is pretty advanced and works well, but maybe the tap threshold is too tight for you: 2 taps have to come in less than 0.2 seconds apart in order to trigger the movement. A lot of people seem to prefer that short interval, so maybe we need a sensitivity adjustment in the settings to give everyone a chance to set it their way (or anywhere between 0.2 and maybe 0.5 at least :D )

Zooming: I haven't played with zooming too much for a while, so it is quite possible that some little piece got broken during the D-pad development of 1.3/1.4 (which sadly caused several bad bugs that I corrected in 1.5). I should be able to get zooming fixed so you don't trigger an extra move in version 1.6.

Thanks for the feedback, and we'll try not to let you down! :lol: