Suddenly, a challenger appears!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Suddenly, a challenger appears!

Post by CommanderData »

Whew! I just got done with my toughest but most awesome run ever!!!

I decided I needed to show up a couple of regular gamers on the board. You might have noticed the posts about my game and not being sure if I wanted to continue to dive past floor 26... well I did keep going but chickened out once I hit floor 37! Man, I almost died so many times its not funny, once I ended a battle with a dragon and I had *one* hit point left. Another time I stepped on a sleep trap and simultaneously woke up a dragon who was sleeping next to it! :D

Anyway, that took some incredible effort to make the surface again, especially when I kept falling through pit traps on the way up.

jhawk (and DaveH, also Scotopia from TouchArcade), the gauntlet has been thrown! See if you can manage better with a normal character :)

I have to run for a bit and do some "real work" now that I've avoided for two hours while trying to escape the dungeon... Be back later, hopefully with news of version 1.5 :mrgreen:
Jim2wheels

Re: Suddenly, a challenger appears!

Post by Jim2wheels »

Out of curiosity how deep does it go? And what are the benefits of doing this other than blowing away other peoples records :lol:
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Jim2wheels wrote:Out of curiosity how deep does it go? And what are the benefits of doing this other than blowing away other peoples records :lol:
In order, the answers are infinite (or the largest number that will fit in the Floor variable), and none other than bragging rights.
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

That's just sick, hitting 37 with a standard :o How do you go further down, just avoid picking up the Amulet (and then how do you decide to go back up?)?
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

DPCyric wrote:That's just sick, hitting 37 with a standard :o How do you go further down, just avoid picking up the Amulet (and then how do you decide to go back up?)?
Yes just avoid the Amulet, or if you pick it up, drop it again...

It's extremely difficult to survive past floor 26 as the monsters ramp up in strength a bit for each additional floor. I came so close to death so many times... it's a bit of luck I actually made it back out. I would've even been happy with a death on floor 37, as that would be pretty impressive.

Jim2wheels, this was purely for bragging rights, plus I wanted to set the bar a bit higher and give everyone a well known target to try to beat (ME!) :lol:
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

Dude, it is on now. I guess I'll have to up my playing time, 23 hours a day might not be enough. I'm still disappointed about using that second vorpalize weapon scroll, that run got me in the top ten of like 5 leaderboards! No telling what I could have done if I hadnt made that mistake.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

dungeon = endless
my neo i killed off thats top of the boards of secrets was on floor 134, and had visited about 150 floors total, and only sensed magic once... and couldn't even get what it was without crashing my game, not to mentioned it may not have even been anything decent

i have tried making a normal game again but with the scarcity of magic items right now, and the difference they make i'm holding off until 1.5 where i hope some balance has been restored

then its on
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Oh yes. It's on! I need a good bit of competition to take my mind off the sorely needed and delayed update!

Good luck to anyone trying to make it past floor 37, you'll need it! If I went much further I don't think I would have made it out alive with the equipment I had, and it was a pretty nice selection :D

Edit: Oh yeah! 1000th board posting! Woohoo :mrgreen: