NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
elswitzer

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Post by elswitzer »

Stupid vorpalize weapon scroll... Dont know what it does but it pissed me off. I had some freezing weapon up to +6+6(I think that is good?) and it froze my enemies like literally every hit. Got me down to the amulet where I found an identified vorpalize weapon scroll along with it, so I am assuming I used that scroll once before. Anyhoo, so I use it figuring it couldnt hurt, and to my dismay my spear vanishes in a puff of smoke! Needless to say I died almost instantly. Man, I was killing dragons left and right with that thing. I dont think I will ever get drops that good on another playthrough but here I go again...

P.S. Devs, be on the lookout for a cute little brunette because my fiance hates you for making a game this addicting.
elswitzer

Re: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Post by elswitzer »

Eh, looking through the old posts I see now that this has happened to others. STILL, if you are new to this game and reading this, do not use that effing scroll twice on the same weapon.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I think it's been mentioned around here before that if you've already vorpalized you weapon, using that scroll a second time on that weapon will destroy it :evil: I've only ever found one of the frakking things.............................
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I agree.......this game is very addictive :lol:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Wow, this is VERY eye-catching.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Hehe... learn well the cost of weapon greed! I'll admit, however, that that is a very painful way to learn.

FYI, that isn't a feature of Rogue Touch... that one's been around since the beginning of Rogue.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

elswitzer wrote:Stupid vorpalize weapon scroll... Dont know what it does but it pissed me off. I had some freezing weapon up to +6+6(I think that is good?) and it froze my enemies like literally every hit. Got me down to the amulet where I found an identified vorpalize weapon scroll along with it, so I am assuming I used that scroll once before. Anyhoo, so I use it figuring it couldnt hurt, and to my dismay my spear vanishes in a puff of smoke! Needless to say I died almost instantly. Man, I was killing dragons left and right with that thing. I dont think I will ever get drops that good on another playthrough but here I go again...

P.S. Devs, be on the lookout for a cute little brunette because my fiance hates you for making a game this addicting.
Sorry to hear you learned that one the hard way! I did the same thing about 20 years ago, so you're not alone :lol:

Speaking of addictive, I've been playing an incredible run this evening, the best one in weeks... Found a +2,+2 freezing mace on floor 2, vorpalized against griffins (take that you bastards!) around floor 10. This is the only vorpalize I found so far, I won't make that mistake ;)... Later on found a super-ring: +5 increase damage... found a ring of slow digestion around floor 18... Now I just entered floor 26. My quandry? Do I find the amulet and surface like my oxygen tank is running out, or go for depth and a higher gold count? I may not get another chance to be this well stocked to keep going!

Maybe I'll sleep on it and come back to it in the morning :D

First I have to go answer the door... there's a cute little brunette... WAIT! Put down the knife!!!!
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

mate you aint alone on that one :( had it happen on floor 23 orsomething next room i enterd ,,, 3dragons some gryphons and some other stuff
Needles to say they all had some lunch of my corpse :(
DanJS

Post by DanJS »

Well, chalk up another noob finding out the hard way what a 2nd Vorpalize scroll will do. Crappity-crap-crap-CRAP!!!! :evil:

I started a game with Gareth just to vent after another 'normal' character got bashed by an ogre and I went on the crazy spree of finding enchant scrolls and had his +2/+2 Two Handed Sword up to +7/+3. So I use an unknown scroll...Vorpalize and it's now +8/+4. And yes, I greedily read the 2nd without a clue of the consequences. +9/+5 and on to glory? Nope, POOF, GONE! Damn. Bare hands and a wand of cornucopia worked for a while but 'Gareth' bit the dust on level 18 when a gryphon decided to eat me.

By the way, the skeleton thing is brilliant. I found my corpse, went to loot it and bang, in a fight with my skeleton...and was quickly LOSING in a big way. 8hp left I zap it with the want of cornucopia not really thinking through the consequences and instead of loot from my previous run, I had a ration of food. LOL.

-danJS