A quick question about skeletons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Nezha

A quick question about skeletons

Post by Nezha »

Reading about Rogue Touch online, I've come across multiple mentions of being able to run into your previous characters' skeletons and loot them for items. I've played many games of Rogue Touch, though I've never been past the 23rd floor. I've also never every encounters any skeletons! Am I just particularly unlucky, or are there certain other conditions that must be met to generate skeletons? I'm playing v1.7 on iOS 6, if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort! And an extra thanks to Chronosoft for making one of the better roguelikes for the iPhone, I've enjoyed it a lot.
NightOwl40

Re: A quick question about skeletons

Post by NightOwl40 »

Make sure you search all the rooms on the floor you last died on, as that's where you skeleton will respawn. Searching your bones gives a random item from your prior run. Beware, sometimes your bones reanimate and you have to fight! Tough fight if you've been playing one of the secret characters in your previous run, as the skeleton will have those attributes plus whatever gear you had last time. Winning the fight results in lots of gear drops...make sure there's plenty of floor space before you check the bones :)
Nezha

Post by Nezha »

Thank you! I suppose I HAVE just been unlucky then. Do the bones show up on the floor you did every game, or is it random?

Either way, I'll have to check my high scores to see my last death and make sure to check that floor extra carefully.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Yes, they should always show up on the floor you died the previous game, IF you died of "natural" causes (something killed you, even if that thing was you). If you "died" due to starting a new game without having finished the previous one then no, you won't find a skeleton.