Back on top

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
MikeL

Back on top

Post by MikeL »

I wasn't expecting ever to pick up RT again following my 687k high score from a few years back. But when I stumbled on the leaderboard a couple of weeks ago and realized Rachel had taken top spot I decided to go for one final deep run. This one did turn into quite an epic run which ended around floor 1100 and over 5m gold (before death penalty). A bit extreme but didn't actually feel like it took too much time in the end.

There are some key early strategies for such a deep run but essentially for me it's a 2 stage approach. Firstly it's building strength and collecting the right equipment until you reach the point where you are no longer able to register hits. In this run the first phase lasted until somewhere near level 250 at which point I could no longer get hits through. In phase 1 I would fully explore all levels and get as much correct equipment as possible. In Phase 2 it's basically about diving as quickly as possible using the earlier collected equipment to evade.

I do think I am now done with RT. It has been good fun and I will keep the occasional eye on the leaderboard in case anyone decides to take on the challenge.