ever have one of those days.....

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

ever have one of those days.....

Post by jhawk »

i thought it might be fun to start a thread about when the shit hits the fan, in a not so kodak moment

example

anyone else not feeling the love...
Zakia

Re: ever have one of those days.....

Post by Zakia »

I accidentaly threw a item at the shopkeeper in Spelunky today.

He gets pissed easy.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk... That's an AWFUL spot to get dropped in! Hope you had a scroll of teleportation or hold monster or scare monster handy :lol:
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

One of those days with rattlesnakes, aquators, and cursed items as well. Struggled on for level after level, ate my last food and descended to floor 14...
You sense great magic on this level! :shock: :lol:
But I won't be finding out what it was... :cry:
IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0004.PNG (27.91 KiB) Viewed 26292 times
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I was playing yesterday and on level 17 was escaping from a troll and a centaur and hit a teleport trap into 2 trolls and 2 wraiths and instantly got knocked to 1 hp, I had about 10 random scrolls and just happened to read the teleport one, ended up one square from another troll, threw a paralyze pot and was able to heal, kill the troll for a blessed +2,+2 katana and wtf pwned everything :-D
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:I was playing yesterday and on level 17 was escaping from a troll and a centaur and hit a teleport trap into 2 trolls and 2 wraiths and instantly got knocked to 1 hp, I had about 10 random scrolls and just happened to read the teleport one, ended up one square from another troll, threw a paralyze pot and was able to heal, kill the troll for a blessed +2,+2 katana and wtf pwned everything :-D
And that's what this game is all about... using your wits and equipment to try to escape the impossible. Great Job man! :lol:

Luck probably helps a bit too ;)
BTA

Post by BTA »

Worst thing to happen to me in this game so far... Was fighting off two trolls while suffering several hardships, and mainly throwing stuff at them. Then a Medusa came in... I lasted for a while though. XD
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

rule #1 vs slimes, get in a doorway
They can only attack one at a time, and when one died and another takes it's place you get first action, I had a slime end up duplicating into at least 30 yesterday
M. Blanchot

Post by M. Blanchot »

Thanks for the tip on dealing with slime monsters jhawk... now do you have any good advice on how to handle those damned snakes?
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Kill them fast
It seems to be pretty much a coin toss, unless you want to try to confuse them first, but that can still backfire
Thankfully there seem to be enough restore str potions that I don't sweat it to much