ever have one of those days.....

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
preuve

Re: ever have one of those days.....

Post by preuve »

I don't have a screenshot but my character died a long drawn out but inevitable death...

The day starts well - Ring of Kings on floor 2! No problems with food (wand of cornucopia). Then up pops a potion of Raise Level (to Spartan).

The big problem is I have a pack full of rusted AC 2 armour. I keep holding out for something decent to wear, with 3 scrolls of teleport as a backup. Slowly but gradually, as more trolls turn up, the stash of scrolls starts to wear thin...

The RNG blesses and curses equally to all.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Hit harder IMO

It's quite hard to take care of trolls if you haven't found a magic weapon by the time you reach them...
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Yep, I've had one of those days today....... Level 16, +3+2 mace of phantom slaying, +3 elfin mail. Was doing great until my master rogue got nailed twice by those level-sucking wraiths, then accidently drank a potion of blindness but had a potion of see invisible to counteract it. Made it to level 17, encountered an ur-vile and was holding my own until I got boxed in by a phantom and couldn't escape the other monster to kill it first........had the perfect weapon for it, too <_<
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

This one time, at Rogue camp, I picked up a +2/+2 shocking two-handed sword on level one, AND had two rings of slow digestion....

And bit it on level 19 thanks to 1) crappy armor (+1 Protected Splint Mail), 2) 1 potion of gain strength TOTAL, 3) 1 scroll of enchant armor TOTAL, 4) no good defensive wands (teleportation, polymorph -- all I had was direct damage ones, which is no good with crappy armor), and 5) extremely untimely RNG damage rolls.

Who am I kidding, forget the first four... when in doubt, it's ALWAYS the RNG's fault. :x
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

My second run on the new update started out promising......even found a set of +2+2 freezing daggers. Then I got sandbagged by multiple cursed equipment pickups.......even though I had a couple of remove curse scrolls :| Got rid of the curses on the armor and ring I had on, took the ring off and tried another one.......also cursed, dammit :evil: Used the second scroll, picked up a third ring down around level 10, tried it on and, damn it, it was cursed too....... Found another set of armor, same thing happened*cursing loudly by this point*, then got nailed by a frakking aquator and killed by a troll a short time later*sigh*

At least the following run went a bit better......made it down to phantom territory before dying that time LOL
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

oiverovindfvoiadmnv;lerknwciqrfqigoingw4oiw5n24oigjnwrioqvnmalkvnadf;v

i just went from 3150000 to 50000 exp, almost another level and dropped 3 levels from a wraith, which ive never lost more then one before

son of a

after falling down a pit from level 26-27 about 6 times
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

sooo I decided to make a normy

Bob was doing good, elfin mail floor 2, war hammer level 5, super charged lighting staff on 11

I hit 15 and decide to start reading my un-id'd scrolls, first one vorporalize, then 4 enchant weapon, a couple enchant armor and random others

Next mob I kill drops a +2,+2 freezing 2 hander...grrrrr

Drop down another level, more great magic! so I'm hunting and mr wraith decides to drop me 3 levels before finding the +5 str ring

Made it a couple more levels before a griff just wtf pwned me out of nowhere. :cry:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Ouch..........I've suffered death by stupidity twice today already. Saw my skeleton, decided to explore some more and dropped into a pit trap and proceeded to get killed by an endlessly repilicationg slime while trying to find a hidden door in a doorless room. :oops: Next run I found a party room on the fourth floor and got too far away from the door and got by hobgoblins and an orc. The other day I got cornered in a hallway by my very persistant corpse :roll:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Son of a %#&$@

Having an insane run, with my +7,+6 freezing 2 handed sword of AQUATOR slaying, and I'm hacking away at a jaber and a second one comes up behind me, so I figure I'll find another doorway and paralyze...works great until you step on a sleep trap and get raped gang bang style

LF ring of resist
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

I'm so annoyed right now. I'm on level 182, and there is a monster blocking the only entrance to the stair room, and he WON'T FOLLOW ME. He only comes out 2-3 spaces from the door (in a hallway) and then turns around and goes back to guarding the door. I can't actually hit him, and I don't have any way to move him, so I can't get in. Used all 6 of my scrolls of teleportation hoping it would put me in the room. I'm just at a stalemate until I run out of my 64 rations of food...