ever have one of those days.....

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
nohbdy

Re: ever have one of those days.....

Post by nohbdy »

Well you killed my hopes of for a week with the best secret character not being a Neo. My gimli is only 155678 gold and I don't think he will be able to survive long enough to get that extra 40k (unless I am really lucky) because he is only level 131, and the past 5 or 10 levels has not been able to hit too often (he still CAN hit though). Without Neo's haste, I'm not sure he can weave around monsters like you must have done to get to level 182 :| .
twalkabout

Post by twalkabout »

if you have another scroll of confusion, when you are at the doorway, use the hold monster scroll to freeze everybody else where they are, then when you lead the next one out, you can get around them
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

twalkabout wrote:if you have another scroll of confusion, when you are at the doorway, use the hold monster scroll to freeze everybody else where they are, then when you lead the next one out, you can get around them
I have 5 more but it's not that simple. One stands inside the door and the other stands in front of the door, if I go towards the door they come down further. I need to draw the jabber out to his max range before he turns around, confuse him, then hope to get lucky that it tries to move and goes left instead of right. I already used two scrolls with no luck. 5 left, two jabbers.

Nohbdy, I probably would have had a ton more gold, but I started with a ring of maintain armor that I didn't take off until level 88 because that was the first scroll of protection I found, and I was wearing a ring of stealth full time, so I couldn't wear the ring of searching.

Edit: Shit. Went up into the maze, and for the first time ever the jabber followed me. Trapped now. 4 scrolls of confusion until I die.

Double Edit: Yes! He took two steps back into the hallway so I could pass him and now he's following! Chance I could get out of this level!

Triple Edit: Shit! Was backing the jabber out to the turn around and now I'm trapped between it and a vampire that spawned in the maze!

YES. I DID IT! ME: 1 LEVEL 182: 0!!!

Trapped between the vampire and the jabberwock. Throw food at the vampire. Vampire doesn't eat food :( Use last scroll of hold monster, freezes both. Use scroll of confusion, throw food at jabber. Sleep until jabber luckily moves up into maze, slip by. Second Jabber is into the vertical hallway, but up, because it's mirroring me. It's too close to the hallway entrance to the door to get by, so I go UP the parallel hallway so he also moves all the way to the top, then run down (thank you haste!) and squeak by him ONE MOVE ahead of him blocking my path, make it through the door, stairs are in the room! Yes!

p.s. trap doors are my best friend... except for when I freaking disarm them!
p.p.s twice now I have accidentally pick up the amulet, fallen down a floor, forgotten I had the amulet, and then ASCENDED back up a floor.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

and the fun continues ----
apparently jared (me), should have gone to jared

and i hope the pure awesomeness of this next weapon doesnt overwhelm anyone, but be warned.....

take that aquators!!!
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

I'd prefer my +17,+13 freezing 2 handed sword of Jabberwock slaying...
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

I only have a +10+17 Freezing Two Handed Sword. I do have a +26 spartan cuirass though. Not that either of those things matter in the slightest at this depth, I could drop them both and nothing would change.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I had a really good run going.....well, for me anyway :P -2 by the little sheild, rustproofed plate, +4+3 blessed 2-handed sword of wraith slaying, +3+3 flaming mace of xeroc slaying and +3+4 flaming longsword of dragon slaying(recovered from a previous corpse), hero rank with 24 strength and had made it down to floor 21. Was going along great, able to kill ur-viles, medusas and griffons with not much effort....................until I stepped on a frakking sleep trap and got pounded by a griffon/jabberwock combo that showed up during my unwanted nap :oops:

Yes, I know I suck compared to all you deep-diving fanatics and have yet to survive getting that blasted amulet to the surface.............. :roll:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I was being pretty sarcastic about my sword...
I'd much prefer my +28,+29 blessed katana of medusa slaying
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

Just did a normie run. Started off amazing, several scrolls of enchant armor and a scroll of protect armor on level 1 and a +2/+2 freezing 2handed sword that was pumped up to +4/+3 with a vorpralize weapon (medusa-slaying) and an enchant weapon scroll, 1 food, no rings. I thought I was pretty well off. At least until I decided to descend to floor 3. In front of the only door onto the room with the stairs is a teleport trap that I couldn't disable before I starved to death. Gah. Hopefully it'll just just be an unlooted non-skeleton-spawning corpse when I descend again, otherwise I'm gonna be in some extreme pain.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

I think this is the end of the road here:

The funny thing is I dropped a scroll of scare monster, so I can't hit them, and they can't hit me! Stalemate! Time to starve to death...