Elite Rogues Club

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Elite Rogues Club

Post by CommanderData »

OK, yet another new Hall of Fame table is online *now* for your pleasure- this is the "Elite Rogues Club" listing... everyone on this leaderboard is a member of the ERC. Oh, and congrats to DaveH for being the first person in 1.3/1.4 to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor!!! Now as soon as some of us slackers catch up I will make a table for Amulet Retrieval :D

jhawk- your spot for worst rogue won't be submitted if you don't make it into your own hall of fame... sorry! :lol:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

i spent like an hour trying to get that spot! i dont know if i have the capacity to try that again, if i dont get a decent magic drop soon *hahaha staff of chaos with 50 charges...* im just gonna have to neo this mofo up and show you guys where its at
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

I couldn't select the ID number in iTunes under Leopard or Windows XP. Then I remember that I have iStat on my iPhone. This app also allowed me to email the ID to myself. It's $1.99 but it is very handy. I replaced my need to run iStat Menus from the menubar on my Mac.

Enjoy life,
Steven
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

I just looked at the Elite Rogues Club high score list....as you can see....I have had a string of bad luck....and sad to see it all on there. lol

I keep arriving in levels with no armor and 10 strength....so sad.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Constant dreadfull luck/drops, after probably 30 tried I'm taking a break with a special :-)
BTA

Post by BTA »

jhawk wrote:I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but boo

I actually spent time trying to get the top spot for worst rogue, and when I did it didn't submit?!
I'm thinking since it didn't make it onto my HOF it didn't get uploaded

I was either 2-3 moves before death
I've also been trying for the heck of it, but I never got that close to 1. XD
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

BTA wrote:

I actually spent time trying to get the top spot for worst rogue, and when I did it didn't submit?!
I'm thinking since it didn't make it onto my HOF it didn't get uploaded

I was either 2-3 moves before death
I've also been trying for the heck of it, but I never got that close to 1. XD
It's highly amusing, I never thought people would actively try to get on that board... actually I thought it might upset a few people! That's why they will filter out after 48 hours, it's not meant to be a permanent hall of shame :)

If you are really desperate to get on the worst board keep in mind you cannot submit a score if it does not appear on your local Hall of Fame. That means if you have 10 decent runs in there the bad run will not be added or posted to our server. So if you're "dead serious" (oh, the awful puns) about this you can delete and re-sync Rogue Touch to your device in order to clear the Hall of Fame back to it's default :lol:

Good luck! If anyone can do it in less than 3 moves I'd be pretty impressed. Our own member Lydyra has the coveted worst spot right now, and fortunately also a spot on the Top 20 Elite Rogues, so we don't question her skills in death dealing ;)
Lydyra

Post by Lydyra »

Yes, it was a proud moment indeed! I was battling a Kestral that simply would not die. It was dire straits, and I'd just started so didn't have anything that could save me except (possibly) an unidentified wand. I aimed and hoped it was something good. And groaned as my poor character found her level 1 self looking at an Ur-Vile. *thud* I aimed and tried again, and my foe became a Xeroc and that was the end of the story. If I hadn't made that last effort, I would have died in two turns! Something to aspire to in future. :)

I had another amusing/frustrating epic fail, too--I fell through a trap door and landed in a party room full of trolls, medusas and sundry other nasties. Again, no joy in my pack, so I read an unidentified scroll and wound up taking a nap whilst my enemies made short work of me. <sobs>

That's one of the things I love most about roguelikes--I've been playing them for about 20 years and I still can die as fast as a newcomer. It makes gamelife exciting. :)
I will never put my sword down
I will never run away
--Manilla Road, "The Veils Of Negative Existence"
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

CommanderData wrote:
BTA wrote:

If you are really desperate to get on the worst board keep in mind you cannot submit a score if it does not appear on your local Hall of Fame. That means if you have 10 decent runs in there the bad run will not be added or posted to our server. So if you're "dead serious" (oh, the awful puns) about this you can delete and re-sync Rogue Touch to your device in order to clear the Hall of Fame back to it's default :lol:

Good luck! If anyone can do it in less than 3 moves I'd be pretty impressed. Our own member Lydyra has the coveted worst spot right now, and fortunately also a spot on the Top 20 Elite Rogues, so we don't question her skills in death dealing ;)
CD,

I never thought I'd ask for the ability to clear the local hall of fame just to keep it possible to submit the worlds worst score, but that might be a good idea? Perhaps a small feature for v1.5 upgrade?

Still trying to get back with the amulet, with a non-special character it is proving quite challenging.
Dave
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

Or, in 1.5 keep a Hall Of Shame of your bottom 20 as well as a Hall of Fame (no need to show the Hall of Shame in the game, just keep it to transmit to the leaderboards). Or it might be simpler to have the program zap every score to the leaderboards before placing the score in the Hall Of Fame.

This game is too much fun! :mrgreen: