Elite Rogues Club

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Elite Rogues Club

Post by CommanderData »

Fellow dungeon dwellers...

We have seen a bit over an hour with the update and I can already see a number of people posting scores into our database. Response was so sudden that I expanded our "Top 10 Wealthiest" to a "Top 20" already, just to allow more people to see where they rank! We will be adding additonal ranking categories later Thursday.

Now, if you are a member of this forum you can join the Elite Rogues Club. This will give you recognition in the leaderboards no matter what character name you choose to play with! It will also get you into exclusive forum competition leaderboards with secret characters like Thor, Neo, Drizzt, and all of your favorites :)

To join, you need to be a registered ChronoSoft forum member. Next, you need to retrieve your UDID number for your iPhone or iPod touch (if you have more than one device, you can give me ALL of your UDIDs). To get your UDID:
Download and install the latest version of iTunes if you haven't done so :)

Connect your iPhone to your computer.

When your iPhone appears in iTunes, select it.

Click the summary tab. The name and other information including the serial number for your iPhone will display.

Click on the Serial Number field. It will change to the Identifier, also known as the UDID number.
**** First off, don't post your UDID here! Unless you want people to be able to impersonate you in the rankings :) ****

Take your UDID and send me a PM with the numbers in it. I recommend copy and paste because they are LONG :D ... I will enable you in the database as soon as I can (probably after a few hours of sleep)! Once active, the code will work retroactively for any scores you submit prior to joining the club as well :mrgreen:

OK, go ahead and send them in! And please, could each of you go into iTunes and update your review/star-ranking so that we can regain our former stature (the update combined with iTunes losing us completely for a few hours really hurt :( )

Thanks for your support- we looking forward to competing with you all! :lol:
Mojo

Re: Elite Rogues Club

Post by Mojo »

Awesome, CD!!!
Once again, you guys are the bestest!
I'll get my UDID to you ASAP.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!! :D :D :D
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Mojo wrote:Awesome, CD!!!
Once again, you guys are the bestest!
I'll get my UDID to you ASAP.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!! :D :D :D
Thanks so much Mojo! We appreciate the support :D

So far we have 7 (Edit: make that 8- BigDrahma PM'ed me while writing this) members of the club (including myself)! Hopefully over the next day or two we'll see a lot more of you guys joining in :mrgreen:

Heres a couple of cool little facts- between 11PM and midnight EST we saw several hundred people upgrade!!! Since that point through about 9AM we'd seen 150+ high scores submitted. We'll be adding new categories and other bits throughout the next couple of days, so keep an eye on the leaderboards!
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

One leaderboard thing I'd love to see: expand to Top 100, but also show the Bottom 50. :twisted: I always loved the Atari games of the 80's-early 90's, where their leaderboard was at least 100 long, and sometimes 1000 long! You'd see your name, 495th out of 500, and you think, "Well, at least I'm on the board!" Also, because my best game of Rogue will never make the top 20! :oops:

As long as there's enough entries on the leaderboard, I'd suggest expanding it as much as possible.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

BigDrahma wrote:One leaderboard thing I'd love to see: expand to Top 100, but also show the Bottom 50. :twisted: I always loved the Atari games of the 80's-early 90's, where their leaderboard was at least 100 long, and sometimes 1000 long! You'd see your name, 495th out of 500, and you think, "Well, at least I'm on the board!" Also, because my best game of Rogue will never make the top 20! :oops:

As long as there's enough entries on the leaderboard, I'd suggest expanding it as much as possible.
Ok, we have had a busy day... Less than 24 hours after the update, we've had about 300 dungeon runs submitted! This is pretty cool guys :D

Check out the leaderboards here for some interesting changes already! I have added a couple of new categories, down the left side of the leaderboard. I liked the idea of the "bottom" of the list ;) Several of them are fully functional now, others will be soon. You can leave the page open and press the "Refresh Board" button to reload that section of the list without reloading the page too :mrgreen:
tachometer

Post by tachometer »

Gargh! I'm on the road for work right now and don't have iTunes installed on my work laptop. I'm not sure how to get my ID from the 'pod itself. Alas.

But that's probably a good thing as A) I have some work to finish up and B) I'm painfully addicted to "special" characters.

I'm going to do a normal run right now. Watch I set some sort of personal record :P

Awesome job BTW. This is hands down my favorite app for my 'pod. Thanks!!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

tachometer wrote:Gargh! I'm on the road for work right now and don't have iTunes installed on my work laptop. I'm not sure how to get my ID from the 'pod itself. Alas.

But that's probably a good thing as A) I have some work to finish up and B) I'm painfully addicted to "special" characters.

I'm going to do a normal run right now. Watch I set some sort of personal record :P

Awesome job BTW. This is hands down my favorite app for my 'pod. Thanks!!

Anyone who has trouble with iTunes can also use this handy *free* app to get your UDID:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 91333&mt=8

If you try that out, you can send me a PM and I'll provide you with an e-mail address you can forward the UDID to from the app. Or you can just avoid tempting fate for now and wait until you get home and have your work done! If you do manage to get a killer score, joining the club will retroactively tag any of your top scores in the system so never fear, you'll be able to gloat amongst us sooner or later. :mrgreen:

So glad to hear that we've become your favorite app! :D
BTA

Post by BTA »

Just a suggestion- wouldn't it be easier to just e-mail it to yourself, then pm the code to you? That's what I did. XD
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

BTA wrote:Just a suggestion- wouldn't it be easier to just e-mail it to yourself, then pm the code to you? That's what I did. XD
That certain would work too ! :D

Ok, fun facts for everyone- We just crossed over our 500th high score submitted sometime overnight... Incredible!!! So far no one has made it out with the Amulet while using a standard character (I think I saw a Drizzt who made it in our DB...)

We have 16 members in the Elite Rogues Club now- double where we were yesterday as well. I know more of you want in :) remember that the UDID pool will probably be where I select beta testers from later this year on new projects :lol:

Day job has me out of state most of the day, but send me a PM and I'll get you set up tonight!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but boo

I actually spent time trying to get the top spot for worst rogue, and when I did it didn't submit?!
I'm thinking since it didn't make it onto my HOF it didn't get uploaded

I was either 2-3 moves before death