Elite Rogues Club

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

Re: Elite Rogues Club

Post by jhawk »

After many unsuccessful normal attempts with no luck, almost no magic finds, and all around frustration I decided to make a new neo....so I just ranked up to bug chaser and thought I might use my two level raise pots I've been saving, I tried to down one and it said I was already max level and crashed me! Blasphemy!

I reopened and I still have both pots and my xp is a fraction, what happens if it fills up again? Is bug chaser the highest?

When is the special chars leaderboard going to be up and running?

And the new armor is very nice :-D
As well as an incredibly nice item tweak I never noticed that helped get BC ;-)

frack, I now have 4 raise level pots :-/
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:After many unsuccessful normal attempts with no luck, almost no magic finds, and all around frustration I decided to make a new neo....so I just ranked up to bug chaser and thought I might use my two level raise pots I've been saving, I tried to down one and it said I was already max level and crashed me! Blasphemy!

I reopened and I still have both pots and my xp is a fraction, what happens if it fills up again? Is bug chaser the highest?

When is the special chars leaderboard going to be up and running?

And the new armor is very nice :-D
As well as an incredibly nice item tweak I never noticed that helped get BC ;-)

frack, I now have 4 raise level pots :-/
Hmmm... crashed you at max level you say?

That's interesting!!! Perhaps I'll have to try that right now and see what's causing that :D

I'm turning on a "Most Recent Rogues Board" in just a bit- that one will show the 20 most recent submissions. You can refresh that and have a voyeur window on new data coming into our server regularly... A lot of people just can't make it to one of the lists, but this one will have anyone who's playing a normal character.

Secret character board should be ready tomorrow I think... you can kill yourself and submit if you want and it'll appear when the board does go live :lol:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

ive been having a complete crash fairly often resulting in having to redo entire levels

save and quit button please
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

jhawk wrote:ive been having a complete crash fairly often resulting in having to redo entire levels

The Home button performs a Save & Quit already. A separate Save button might be nice, though.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:ive been having a complete crash fairly often resulting in having to redo entire levels

This should really be posted in the bugs or requests thread but... The game auto-saves on quit now (the home button) and auto-saves whenever you appear in a new level. Apple has no approved method of quit for applications except by pressing the home button, so that's the only way you can "quit".

If anyone wants to peek in the bug thread you can note from my earlier post we're squashing these bugs right now (the crash on level descend in particular that has eluded us since 1.0, and I would bet is the one you're seeing). Expect a submission tonight, with approval whenever Apple deems us worthy :lol:

I will detail the bugfixes and new features once we get the submission in! :mrgreen:
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Oh, I forgot to mention that the "20 Most Recent Rogues" board is now live!

This show a list of the 20 most recent submissions to our database in the order they were received. Here you can see the good, bad, and ugly for every game being played! We've had roughly 2000 scores submitted so far, and things will get more interesting shortly.

Congrats to Morgan for being the second person to collect the Amulet of Yendor and make it back to the light of day! We will be adding the category for Amulet Retrieval once a few more people succeed. No- secret characters do not count :) Those will have their own categories this week too if all goes well...
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

firebird, DPCyric, and RALentz- please get back in touch with me via PM- I did an audit of our ERC list and found your UDIDs were not correct (they are less than 40 characters long). This means you have mistyped something when sending it over to me.

It prevents you from showing on the ERC list, and knocks you out of any ERC contests or future game betas, so get in touch! :lol:
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

***** Leaderboard Update *****

We've had almost 4,000 scores submitted since the leaderboards went live, that's a pretty big deal since a single game can take a while to finish!

Our little Elite Rogues Club has 40+ members now too. Finally getting a decent enough number to make a competition interesting. There's been a lot of good ideas for competitions so far. I think we'll try to arrange one for the release of 1.5, since the fixes will make it much more enjoyable to play... :D

This morning I have updated the leaderboard in several ways:

1) If you retrieve the Amulet, you'll no longer appear in the "Wealthiest Rogues" category- you guys were finally starting to take over there! Plus the tagline was "whoever dies with the most gold wins" and clearly if your make it out of the dungeon with the Amulet, you didn't die ;)

2) Amulet - Richest: New category, if you got out alive with the amulet, you can compare your retirement funds with your fellow masters of the game now!

3) Amulet - Efficiency: New category, the person to get the amulet out of the dungeon in the least number of moves is the best!

We've got a bunch more stuff planned for the leaderboards soon, including statistics gathered from the entire DB: distribution of floor reached, rank reached, how likely people are to die by each monster type, etc... I think it will be a lot of fun to see that info!

Oh, and I finally made it back on the boards after being pushed out by everyone's incredible playing skills! Yay! :lol:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

When are secret chars and deepest floor going to be up and running?
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:When are secret chars and deepest floor going to be up and running?
I'll try to get at least one of the up tomorrow. I know those categories are both your bread and butter! :mrgreen: