Elite Rogues Club

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Elite Rogues Club

Post by CommanderData »

Yep, posting via an iPod or iPhone is tough. There is a setting you can change in the Settings App for Safari to accept cookies ALWAYS, instead of the default "from visited" that fixes the getting logged out issue. I think it's something odd with my "forums." subdomain...

In other news, I got caught up and added in all new ERC member requests tonight! If any of you are experiencing trouble, like not seeing your forum name under a character that you *know* is yours, let me know and double check your UDID info :mrgreen:

Thanks for being patient here, I will likely only get one chance per night to add them all in!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Hi guys and gals! I have been out of touch a bit on this trip....

There are at least three pending ERC club codes in my PM box, but the Database editing interface at my host appears to be down at the moment. New scores can get in, and be displayed, but I can't get access to the tables directly that I need through the web interface. Hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Other good news is I get to fly home tomorrow :mrgreen:
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

All pending ERC requests have been added to the database. I apologize again for the delays, the last two days have been crazy for me... If any of you are having trouble- like you see a score that definitely belongs to you, but has no tag with your forum name- please double check your UDID and PM me again so we can straighten it out!

The CommanderData's Angels contest is winding down, but still nearly 2 full days (based on EST US time) to get on the board! Good luck in these final days and hours, looking forward to seeing how this shakes out! ;)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Just in case you miss the posting elsewhere, my profile on the leaderboard makes me out to be German. No idea what has happened, but can you please put me back to my British flag?

Cheers!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Jim2wheels wrote:Just in case you miss the posting elsewhere, my profile on the leaderboard makes me out to be German. No idea what has happened, but can you please put me back to my British flag?

Cheers!
I posted on the Leaderboard bug thread for you too, but I think that my geo-IP database might be out of date. At any rate, updating that may fix the problem for new submissions, but I'll have to go back and edit your previous submissions manually. The leaderboard determines country code and flag info at the time of submission based on your IP address, so if you go to France or Germany on holiday and play Rogue Touch while there it will classify you as being from that country :mrgreen:

If you have not done that it may mean that a section of IPs that belonged to Germany in the past were re-assigned to the UK, which means if your phone picks up one of these re-assigned addresses you are mis-identified... at least until they update the geo-IP table I use for lookups ;)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Thanks CD, not bothered about old scores, would just like any future scores sorted. I did go to Scotland recently so maybe that was the problem.

Edit: The problem is still ongoing, and i haven't been anywhere else other than local to home in the last few weeks.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Hey CD,

My flag seems to be back to normal - just completed/died on a monster of a game yesterday and it posted my flag as British again! Hooray :D

On a side note i reached my deepest floor yet - 114 - well chuffed! :)
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Having slogged through 25 floors of nastiness, Nighthawk knew he was close. He could almost smell it, the reason for his descent into this pit from hell: the new version of Rogue Touch. Fighting his way through 2 dragons, he explored the entire floor. "I don't understand.... it should be he....!" Just then, he noticed a human-shaped creature lying face-down on the dungeon floor. He approached cautiously, lest the figure lash out from pain or in anger. No movement. He kneeled down and slowly rolled the figure over. "Oh no! How could this be?!" The figure was none other than CommanderData, the widely-respected CodeWrangler! Questions streamed from Nighthawk's lips: "Who did this to you? Are you injured? Can you speak? How can I help you?"