Does amulet follow you to lower floors?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Drockle

Does amulet follow you to lower floors?

Post by Drockle »

On my approximately 1,792nd game of Rogue, I finally made it to lvl 26. Then I fell through a pit trap before finding the amulet!

Bitter, yet resigned, I figured I had no choice but to delve deep. But then I found the amulet on the 27th floor, grabbed it, and started climbing...

So does the amulet, if not picked up, keep following you down? If you drop it and descend, will it follow you down?

Also...is there a reduction in any or all classes of loot as you ascend to levels you've already been on?
Nighthawk

Re: Does amulet follow you to lower floors?

Post by Nighthawk »

Yes, the Amulet follows you to floors below 26 if you don't pick it up. If you drop it on or below floor 26 and descend, you will find it on the next floor.
If you ascend with the Amulet above floor 25 and leave the Amulet behind, it will be sent back to floor 26, where you'll need to pick it up to ascend again.

The further you dive, the better the loot gets. Trick is, the monsters get more powerful at a faster rate than the improving loot.
There is no random loot just lying about when ascending except for the occasional food ration, however the randomly-generated monsters that may carry loot can be killed to obtain it.