Equipment & Magic page!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Jessica

Equipment & Magic page!

Post by Jessica »

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been forever since I posted here :oops:

I still love you guys though, and have finally got a page together and put up that covers the various equipment and magic items you can find in Rogue Touch, including items in the yet to be approved version 1.3! Hopefully that will get the Apple stamp tonight.

In the meantime, please read up on weapons, armor, potions, scrolls, staves, and rings! Yes, we included the damage values for each weapon too :lol:

Hope to get even more info posted in a FAQ for everyone this week too ;)
Zakia

Re: Equipment & Magic page!

Post by Zakia »

Jessica wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry it's been forever since I posted here :oops:

I still love you guys though, and have finally got a page together and put up that covers the various equipment and magic items you can find in Rogue Touch, including items in the yet to be approved version 1.3! Hopefully that will get the Apple stamp tonight.

In the meantime, please read up on weapons, armor, potions, scrolls, staves, and rings! Yes, we included the damage values for each weapon too :lol:

Great job! I like the changes you made, and I'm also glad you've added in formulas.

May I ask though, where the thrown items section and the in-game messages went? The messages are probably a separate release (Hinted by the underlined above), but you need to use the Ranged & Thrown section if possible.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Zakia, I did have your document by my side, as well as the source code :)

CD asked me to put something out that breaks things up a bit more- that's why the Bestiary, and now Equipment have dedicated pages. A lot of the other details like in game messages and whatnot we'd like to put in the FAQ page instead- with some spoiler labels probably :D I may have given away more detail on the items page than he wanted already... he's looking at it now! :lol:
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Jessica,

Thanks for the hardwork with the bestiary, items, faq etc.

One enhancement for perhaps a future release of this would be showing against the scroll page the message that appears on screen when the scroll is read. Sometimes I forget what "You feel like someone is watching over you" actually means.

I'd also be happy to help out if needed on this or beta testing.

BigDave
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Thanks for getting this up Jessica!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Bigdave wrote:Jessica,

Thanks for the hardwork with the bestiary, items, faq etc.

One enhancement for perhaps a future release of this would be showing against the scroll page the message that appears on screen when the scroll is read. Sometimes I forget what "You feel like someone is watching over you" actually means.

I'd also be happy to help out if needed on this or beta testing.

BigDave

Glad you like it so far, a FAQ page will be added with "spoilerish" stuff like what all the text clues are, and some basic strategy stuff like food management, exploring and searching efficiently, all kinds of things like that :D

Regulars here will probably get special requests for beta testing on new games later this year! We will continue to improve Rogue Touch as our day jobs allow for the next couple of months, and then start the transition into several new games. This one will never be abandoned though! We've wanted to make a Rogue game for about 20 years now, and it's very dear to us :oops:

kennfusion wrote:Thanks for getting this up Jessica!

kennfusion, I was hoping you would see it! Sorry that you had to wait like forever for the weapon info! Now I need to update it again with the 1.4 items :lol:
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Jessica wrote:
Regulars here will probably get special requests for beta testing on new games later this year! We will continue to improve Rogue Touch as our day jobs allow for the next couple of months, and then start the transition into several new games. This one will never be abandoned though! We've wanted to make a Rogue game for about 20 years now, and it's very dear to us :oops:
Jessica,
Many thanks.

As someone who has played Roguelikes (mainly Rogue and Moria) for nearly 20 years I think that it is a wonderful thing you are all doing, and I am glad that this is going to be looked after so carefully. This is a wonderful implementation and a great application for the platform. Also I am sure that everyone is looking forward to other new games over the next months. Any spoilers on what they might be?

Dave
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Bigdave wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Jessica,
Many thanks.

As someone who has played Roguelikes (mainly Rogue and Moria) for nearly 20 years I think that it is a wonderful thing you are all doing, and I am glad that this is going to be looked after so carefully. This is a wonderful implementation and a great application for the platform. Also I am sure that everyone is looking forward to other new games over the next months. Any spoilers on what they might be?

Dave
Jessica's been locked up in a dungeon by me! :twisted:

No, not really... but she could've let something slip and then I'd have to kill her :lol:

Thanks for the compliments though, and both of us really appreciate the support all of you have given us so far!

We've got a few good ideas in the rogue-like arena, as well as a strategy game, also maybe something a bit more action oriented... and possibly even a sports title to round things off. Frankly we have a lot more ideas than time right now and for the next several months... which is why we'll continue to nurture Rogue Touch into an amazing game. It'll keep us from getting too rusty until we can go full bore on a new title :mrgreen:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Jessica wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry it's been forever since I posted here :oops:

It would be great if you would include the pre-indentification images and/or text as well, since scrolls of identification are not exactly common in the game ;)
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

NightOwl40 wrote:It would be great if you would include the pre-indentification images and/or text as well, since scrolls of identification are not exactly common in the game ;)
They're randomized each game.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel