Equipment & Magic page!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Wordman

Re: Equipment & Magic page!

Post by Wordman »

jhawk wrote:thats how she works
That's fine, but the docs should say that.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Maybe they should

But to anyone that has every played this type of game it's just common knowledge
Dex1138

Post by Dex1138 »

jhawk wrote:But to anyone that has every played this type of game it's just common knowledge
Isn't the reason for the docs so that that people that aren't familiar with the game can learn it?

:)
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Dex1138 wrote:
jhawk wrote:But to anyone that has every played this type of game it's just common knowledge
Isn't the reason for the docs so that that people that aren't familiar with the game can learn it?

:)
I hear ya, maybe if there is space they could change that to "Adds 1 point to your maximum strength or heals 1 point if your strength is currently damaged."
cheez

Post by cheez »

Sorry for my ignorance but I am new to this.

Can someone tell me what "2d4" means for Mace (or for any weapons) in the Equipment page?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

cheez wrote:Sorry for my ignorance but I am new to this.

Can someone tell me what "2d4" means for Mace (or for any weapons) in the Equipment page?
Roll 2 4-sided die; the total is the amount of damage done (if you successfully hit the enemy).
Flounder

Potion of instant weapon

Post by Flounder »

Hello

I have many times drunk a potion that was "like I was swallowing razor blades" but I had never had a second one, or happened to use an identify scroll on one.

Finally, I had two, and the game tells me it is a potion of instant weapon, but this potion is not on the equipment and magic page! What does it do? I assume you throw it at a monster, but maybe I am wrong. What damage does it do?

Thanks!

P.S. I really enjoy the game. So far my best is dying on level 26 before finding the amulet.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

This is the new potion that was added in version 1.6 - it just hasn't made it to the Equipment and Magic page yet.

I'll tell you what it does when you drink it - it damages you for half your current HP (not half your max).
I'll let you figure out what the correct use for it is on your own, so as not to spoil it for anyone else.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Nighthawk is correct, the new items for 1.6 have not been added to the equipment page yet, it is on my todo list though! Liquid Weapon is not the best tasting potion to drink, but I'm sure you could find a monster to share it with :lol: